What to do, the right thing or what feels right? But which one is truly right?

A part of me wanted to hurt Nico. To kill him and watch the light go out of his eyes. I knew that his Grace was gone which meant he could be easily killed. An angel, once heaven's most dangerous weapon, laid in the depths of hell as weak as a mere mortal. It would have been so easy to break him since he was so fragile and hell's enemy. I had just killed angels only a few hours ago what would killing one more do?

I could not bring myself to do it. I could not harm him. It was one thing to go to war and kill, it is another thing to kill when the victim is powerless. I felt sympathy and was showing mercy. I knew other demons were looking for him. They would kill him if they found him. I could still feel human emotions and I wondered how long I have been in hell, and how much longer until I became exactly like them. They could not feel like I could. Maybe a few but not all.

I felt like I should protect Nico. Keep him safe from other demons and at the same time I felt like I should kill him myself or let other demons kill him. I realized what was happening to me, I was becoming more like them and yet the angel was keeping me good and wanting me to do good.

I watched Nico, so full of fear and yet so fragile, go back to sleep. I wanted to get him back to heaven and find his Grace. Not for him, but for a selfish reason, myself. In hopes that I would get out of hell, for I didn't want to be a full demon. I didn't want to cheer as I helped screw up the humanity of the world. I wanted redemption and forgiveness for my sins. I wanted to go to heaven. If I could get Nico his Grace back then he could rid me of my demon nature and send whatever was left of my soul to heaven.