Ch 1 The Hill

On top of a hill there was two figures that can be seen in the distance. An Afro and two little Afro puffs.
It was Huey Freeman and Jazmine  DuBois.
It was fall, it was cold and windy, Though in Woodcrest it was hardly ever cold. Huey, always being prepared, wore a long brown trench coat and a scarf. Unlike Jazmine, she had no jacket.

Huey's eyes turned to look at Jazmine. She was not that whining little girl from across they street anymore. She was beautiful and sophisticated. Her legs were long and toned. her curves danced around her frame which gave her waist a stunning shape. Her hips were wide for her size followed by thick thighs. Though he was checking her out from his side eye he dared not look at her chest, he was scared of being caught. So he just stared at her face, he could do that all day. Her face was a light caramel tone, her eyes were emerald green which glistened even without the sun shining in them. Her eyes showed him how she was feeling or if anything was wrong. He started to feel a sensation through out his body.

While his eyes were being fixated on her, Jazmine turned to him. The wind blowing in his afro gave her butterflies. She loved his hair. It was made Huey, Huey. She smiled at all the memories they had together. Like the first time she had a boyfriend, and she found out he was cheating on her.
She reminisces
Flashback
*Freshman Year*
Huey and Riley were on the living room. Huey was of course reading and Riley was playing his xbox.

Riley: "Yea yea yea Niggga!" He yelled
He was grinning wide at the tv moving side to side with his xbox controller in hand.

He gritted his teeth
Riley: "ooo!! ooo!! Yea nigga you can't pull one over on young Reezy!"
Huey rolled his eyes.
A frantic knock was heard at the front door.
Granddad yelled from the kitchen table.
Granddad: "Huey! Go get the damn door! Shoot... I ain't getting any younger. Y'all little kids need go outside so I can get my peace and quiet."
Huey not lifting his head from reading go gets the door.
Jazmine: "Oh! Huey !!!" She cries while planting her face in his chest knocking his book from his hand.
He growls.
Jazmine sobs and hiccups. Not letting him go. Huey just standing there asks plainly
Huey: "What's wrong Jazmine?"
Jazmine: "C-C...Chris h-h-he..... AAAAHHHHH!" She whined
Huey: "Chris what?" Huey said sternly
She buried her face in his chest
Huey lifted her chin to look in her eyes, her eyes were full of tears and red. Her eyelids were puffy maybe because she cried all night he thought. His chest started to tighten. He knew what happened. He glared at her and she looked away.
Huey: "I told you Jasmine." he said shaking his head " I told you this would happen."
She looked up at him with tears streaming down her cheeks.
Jazmine: "I know Huey!" She cried
He hugged her and she hugged him back. He never hugs her and she felt so safe and she wanted to stay with him and lay with him.
But he pulled away, grabbed her arm and walked out the door.
She followed him helplessly and got in his car.
In silence they drove to Chris house, she turned Huey. His face was stiff and his fists were clenching she was scared.
Jazmine: "Huey..."
Huey: "...."
Jazmine: " Let's go back...forget him. You were right he is an asshole."
Huey: "Be quiet Jazmine." He said sternly
She sighed and looked out the window silently sobbed.
They arrived at his house. Huey with his fists clenched walks to the door. Jazmine runs up behind him
Jazmine: " Huey! Please let's go home!"
He ignores her and bangs on the door.
Jazmine hides behind Huey.
Chris opens the door
Chris: " Hue-"
Huey punches him straight in the nose and knocks him on his back.
Huey adrenaline now rushing through his veins, gets on top of him.
He grabs his shirt and bangs him agains the floor.
Jazmine: "Huey!! Stop! Please!" She cried as she ran to pull him off
He looks at her softly and get off Chris.
Chris coughs and glares at Jazmine. She turns away
Huey now angry again kicks him
Chris now curled on the floor and groans
Huey: "Don't come near her. Don't speak to her. Don't look at her. Or you will wish I would have finished you right here." He said with a growl
He leaves the house and Jazmine helplessly follows.

End Flashback

She blushes at the memory and looks at Huey

His arms folded on his chest, and his eyes fixated on the sky.  He was thinking about how the clouds looked like Jazmine's hair...poofy. He smiled and it made Jazmine's neck red. Huey, now noticing her staring turns away. She also looks away embarrassed They sat in silence.

Jazmine was shivering holding her knees to her chest. Huey looked at her and sighed and handed her his coat without looking.

Jazmine: "No it's okay Huey." She huffed
Huey: "Jazmine take it." He said
Jazmine: "No, I'm fine." She said in a happy voice
Huey looked at her and leaned toward her. Their eyes met, his Wined eyes scowled at her. Her heart skipped a beat, he frightened her.
He gently put his coat on her as she smiled. He stood up and walked away toward the big oak tree. He leaned against it looking into the city. Jazmine now frowning looks up at Huey

Jazmine: "Huey?"
Huey: "Yes Jazmine." He said annoyingly
Jazmine; "What are you looking at?"
Huey sighs
"What does it look like Jazmine?" He said gesturing to the city
She turns away annoyingly
Jazmine: "It was just a question Huey."
She begins to get up and walk down the hill. She walks down holding back her tears. Until she felt someone grab hold of her hand.
She turns to find Huey. With his signature scowl looking down on her
Huey: "Let me walk you home" he said
She nodded and they both walked and silence.
*At Jazmine house*
Jazmine walks up to the door trying to find her keys in her pocket.
Huey: "Did you find them?"
Jazmine: "Yeah, thanks for walking me home." She said with a smirk
Huey showing no expression nodded
Jazmine turned the house key, opening her front door.
Jazmine: "Goodnight Huey."
Huey: "Goodnight Jazmine." He turns and begins to walk toward his house
Jazmine lets out a sigh. As she walks into the house...
Huey: " Jazmine."
She turns with her eyes wide he walks up to her.
Jazmine: "yes Huey?" She smiles
Huey: "...My coat."
Jazmine looks down and her heart sank with disappointment. She takes off his jacket without making eye contact and hands it to him.
He takes it and says
Huey: "Goodnight."
Jazmine, now in the house, turns to him and smiles then shuts the door.

Huey POV:
Statistically speaking, love is one of the lead causes of sadness in the world.
I don't need love, love is disappointing...anyways I am too busy trying to remove the veil from the world. There is so much they don't know. Like who was actually the mastermind behind 9/11. Their lack leadership is a liability.
*Jazmine' house*
Jasmine shuts the door and smiles. Inside I smile but outside I just have a blank face. As the door closed I let out  a sigh. I wanted to kiss her but fortunately I didn't.
I am not too worried though it's hormones it's part of early stages of adolescence. I'll get past it... I have to I can't fall in love with my best friend. It's not an option

Jazmine POV;

I shut the door,leaned my back against it and I slid down to the floor.
Ugh dammit Huey. Why do you do that to me ?  Feeling my face. I was burning up.
I know he wanted to kiss me.
Why didn't he?
I walk up the stairs to my room and plopped myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling.
Damn you Freeman

End of Chapter

THANKS FOR READING !
Please like and tell me what you think ! I post one or two update every day
Stay tuned . 💗