Ch 17 Epiphany

Spring...such a beautiful season isn't it? The season of new beginnings...old leaves from the fall and winter have withered away. Now new green leaves are begin to live their life and new flowers are blooming into existence. Huey was alone in the hill in his Gi (Karate Uniform) holding his katana in his right hand. His white cloth was wrapped around his head, compressing his large afro.

Peace

The slight breeze made its way through the brown boy's unique hair making his back shiver. His eyes closes as he appreciates nature's subtle movements, the squirrels running up the big oak tree, the leaves rustling against one another in a repetitive routine, the feeling of the vast void along the hillside. He stood there for a few minutes reflecting...thinking...polishing his thoughts clean. As if on cue, His maroon eyes shot open as he twirled his katana in a circular motion, Making swishing sounds as it turned about. It turned about ten times with incredible force and speed, then the katana swirled behind his back then returned to his front eye view. He holds the katana as if he is prepared to brawl, pointing the beautiful sword toward an invisible man. With grunts in between, he swings as if he was fighting an opponent. his steps were small but quick, Making sure his footwork doesn't interfere with the direction of which he is swinging. His knees shot up to his chest and kicked out kicking his imaginary foe. His face was hardened stiff, determined to defeat an opponent who didnt exist. He twirls with his sword in an endless battle, like a beautiful dance where each move was clean and precise. As the sun began to rise, it shone it's orange light to the white puffy clouds, turning them into a pink like color. Huey, still in his harmonious tango, looks at the sky. The sky had a beautiful tint of orange, pink, and blue...and it reminded him of Jazmine's room. He lowered his katana at a loss, and he sticks his sword in the grass below and plops down on his back with his hands and legs spread out. His breathing grew heavily and droplets of sweat began to surface on his face. Looking up at the sky he tries to make pictures out of the cotton candy clouds. With a blank face he tries to figure out a weird shaped cloud, he stared harder now lifting up on his elbows for support gazing into the morning sky. His eyes widened and his eyebrow lifted in curiosity, the shaped formed into a big poofball with a face beginning to form. Knowing who it is he shakes his head and looks away to find another. Again he sees a girl with a poof ball, he turns again. Just to find another poofball. Now searching frantically across the blue sky his head kept forming pictures of Jazmine DuBois out of the fluffy clouds. He pursed his lips. Aggravated he gets up, retrieves his katana, and heads down the hill.

Caesre Pov

Prom is tonight! Whew, I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure me and Nala will have a great time. At school I see Huey and I go up to him. I looked at him to see him have his usual scowl on his face. "What's good nigga?" I said giving him a fist pound. "Not a lot really, actually I'm-" He says with a serious face. "Man, it was rhetorical." I said interrupting him from going any further. "Man, I'm just saying my History teacher was talking about the Watergate Scandal and I spoke my mind as usual." He said still walking.
"What did he say?"
He stopped walking.
"Well I told him that President Nixon was really the mastermind behind the whole plot. He asked why, and I said how come there was evidence of Nixon's phone call talking to the accused and then when it was played out in court, Those tapes were never seen again? Plus he resigned short after. He was the only President to ever resign. That has to amount to some type mental regret." He said the last part raising his hands.
"Oh wow! I know you got him stuck huh?" I chuckled as I continued walking.
"No I got thrown out of class." Huey said nonchalantly.
"What? Fo real?" I said looking at him.
He had his regular scowl, like it didn't affect him.
"Yeah, they don't want us to be more knowledgeable than they are. They just can't handle the truth."
"Or maybe just your truth."
"Well, I'm not lying. Give me another explanation that could possibly describe the innocence of Richard Nixon and the government." He stopped walking and folded his arms. Waiting for an answer.
"Uh.....Al Qaeda?" I said shrugging my shoulders.
Huey raised his eyebrow in confusion, rolled his eyes and walked away.
I laughed to myself.
I began to walk to my locker since I have English with Mr. Schwimmer next.
so I go to get my English book and I feel hands wrap behind me.