Chapter 25

Elena’s POV:

The entire week, I had been preparing myself for asking my dad to go to the One Direction concert with me. Harry had already sent me tickets along with backstage passes, and the concert was tomorrow at the Staples Center. I’d visit Harry now, since he’s in LA, but the band has a lot of rehearsing and interviews to go to, so I don’t want to intrude on his band time.

Dad was out doing God knows what, and I was pacing my living room as I thought of what to say to Dad. I bit my bottom lip as I paced the living room, my hands running across my jeans as I looked out the window every five minutes to see his car pull up the drive way. I was getting stressed and frustrated, and for the first time I wanted to see my father to have a conversation with him.

The sound of a car pulling up at the drive way got my eyes to widen as I ran over to the window, seeing as Dad stepped out of the car. I let out a breath as the front door opened, and my dad stepped inside. As he walked in, I walked over to him.

“Dad?” I ask nervously, playing with my fingers. He looked at me, a bit shocked that I actually talked to him. “Can I, um, talk to you?”

“Uh, sure, honey,” he says, frowning slightly as he enters the living room. “What’s up?”

I get right to the point. “Look, I know you’re not too fond of Harry. But please, give him a chance?” I plead. “They have a concert at the Staples Center tomorrow night and Harry sent us tickets. Please, just see how talented and a great person he is. I really think it’ll change your perspective of him.”

Dad looks at me, thinking it over as I silently pray for a positive answer. I really want this. I want to finally make peace with my dad over Harry. I want him to see how much Harry and I love each other, and how long we’ve been fighting for each other. It’d mean the whole world to me.

Dad lets out a sigh, looking at me. “Alright, fine. We’ll go.”

My eyes widen as a grin spreads across my face. “Really?” I ask, smiling.

He nods, a small smiling spreading. “Yes, really.”

“Thanks, Dad! I promise, it’ll be worth it,” I tell him, before running up the room to tell Harry the news.

I grab my phone from my bedside table, creating a new text to Harry.

To: Haz<3

Hey, you busy?

From: Haz<3

I’m on a break from rehearsals. Why, what’s up? x

To: Haz<3

DAD SAID YES FOR TOMORROW!!!