#10 Excuse me, is this your wallet? ~ Steve

As every Thursday evening, you were in the nearest laundromat, washing your clothes. You have a washing machine, but it needs to be repaired. The mechanic that promised you to fix it, is currently on a vacation.

It was about noon, and you were separating the white and the colorful. It slowly grew into a routine, so you were basically automatically separating it. Sometimes, you felt like some kind of robot.

"Finally, I thought I'd never find this location." You hear a voice and turn around. There was a tall, muscular man standing by the doors. He had short blondish~brownish hair and from the distance you were on, you saw he had a cute smile. "Oh pardon me, I didn't see you there." He said and walked over to you. "Hello there."

"Hey there." You giggled and looked at his eyes. They were blue, the color you always wanted to see on a guy. "Are you really here for the first time?" You ask curiously, to start a conversation and continue to separate the laundry. No matter how hard you tried to keep your eyes off this man, your eyes constantly looked at his toned body.

"I hardly admit, but yes, it's my first time here." He said with a voice of an angel.

"Well, there is a first time for everything." You add with a grin. As you were separating your clothes, you stumbled upon your jeans, which had your wallet in the back pocket.

Finally, there you are. You murmur to yourself and put the wallet on one of the washing machines.

"Again, I'm sorry for being rude. I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Steve." He said and put out his hand.

"Don't apologize, I did the same. I'm (Y/N)." You say and shake your hands with so called Steve.

"Nice meeting you, (Y/N). Now, can I ask you a thing?" He said and looked in your eyes with a smile, that woke up something in you. Something you couldn't even name.

"S-sure.. What is it?" You respond and continue with folding your laundry.

"How to use this?" He asked and pointed to one of the machines with a totally confused look.

"Are you serious? You don't know how to use a washing machine?" You say in surprise, widening your eyes and looking at him. He was all red, so he looked aside, being a bit embarrassed.

"It's a long story..." That's only thing he said.

"I might know what's the problem. Let me guess: your girlfriend made you do the laundry this time?" You ask and giggle, making your way towards Steve. He chuckled.

"No, I don't have a girlfriend. Let's just say that, I lived with my friends till now, and now.. I don't."

You nod in response, secretly bursting from joy because you just learned that this hottie hasn't got a girlfriend. But you already knew nothing will ever happen between you two. Still, it's good to have a crush, isn't it? It keeps your mind off the negative subjects.

"Now, you first put your clothes in this... let's say hole." You say and start laughing. Mother nature made you a little pervert and there is nothing that could prevent your laugh now. You looked over at Steve just to see him all confused.

"What's so amusing?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just remembered something that happened to me a while ago... Anyway, then, you close the machine and add detergent and fabric softener. And finally, you set the temperature and turn it on. That's the whole thing. It isn't so heavy." You say and press a little button that made the washing machine start making incredibly loud noises.

"Stay down!!!" Steve shouted and pushed you straight behind the table he just turned over to use as a cover.

"What the-? What is this?!?" You say and look at Steve confusedly. He was still holding your hand as he tried to protect you. After you looked at him, he let go of it immediately.

"I thought it was going to explode." He said and got up, looking at the washing machine with eyes full of terror. You just couldn't help but to start laughing your ass off. "What's so funny?" Steve came closer to you and helped you get up, then put the table back to its previous position. You barely breathed as you still couldn't stop laughing at what just happened.

"It's not going to explode, silly. It's just how it works." You said and immediately heard a sigh of relief from Steve.

"I'm so stupid, am I?" He said and started laughing, hiding off his face.

"I don't believe that you are stupid on a daily basis. Come on, everyone does stupid stuff." You say and tap his shoulder. He smiled widely, making your lips to twist in a smile as well. "Now, all we need is to wait. And while we do, you can tell me more about your-."

In that moment, your phone rang. You sighed and picked it up. It was your colleague from work and she needs some papers immediately to be brought to her. As much as you tried to convince her you'll bring her the papers tomorrow, she dramatized over it, so you had to let her win.

"Fine, I'm there in 10 minutes, see ya." You say and hang up.

"It's okay, we'll talk next time. Believe me, you want to know how many stupidities I've done in my life."

"So, when do you come here again?" You ask and pick up your purse.

"On Sunday?"

"You got it. Now, I'm really sorry but I've gotta go. See ya around, Steve." You said and went out, then rushed to your car and drove off to your office.

Not only that the drama queen wanted those papers, she also made an appointment you weren't notified of and so you had to be stuck with her for additional three hours. It was 10 pm when you finally finished, so you went back to get your laundry and then stop at the nearest fast food restaurant and grab your dinner.

As you picked up your clothes and got back in the car, you started to search for your wallet to see if you have any money left. You searched and searched, but the wallet was not in your purse. You slightly started to panic.

"Shit. Where did I leave it? It's not in there, I'm 100% sure, I've looked everywhere." Then, a short flashback happened. You remembered you left it on the machine. And you also remembered Steve... Oh my dear Lord, what if Steve took my wallet??

"Does this belong to you, miss?" You hear a voice which scared your soul out of you. "Sorry for frightening you (Y/N), it looks like I did a stupid thing again." He said and handed your wallet to you.

"It's okay, I wasn't planning to go to sleep anyway." You chuckle. "Thank God, my dinner is here. Finally, I've been starving for hours."

"In that case, allow me to take you out to dinner. It will be my way of saying sorry for scaring you. What do you say?" He said and looked at you with a smile.

"You better have tons of stupid stuff to tell me, Rogers." You claim and get out of the car, walking over to Steve. I mean, who can resist his cuteness?

OMG guys I really need to say a massive thank you for so many reads and votes! I've never even expected that this book of preferences might accomplish anything like this. I'm really thankful for all the votes and comments, it means a lot <3 Also, I want to apologize in advance if there is a lot of grammar and whatever kind of mistakes are in here, as English is not my mother tongue xD Anyway, have a nice day/week/life and enjoy <3