27# I've always loved you - Peter Parker

"Ugh this blueprint... My eyes..." You said with a tired, cracking voice as you checked your phone for time. The screen brightness made you immediately squint and grunt unpleasantly. It was almost midnight and you were still doing your homework. But it wasn't a regular homework, in fact it was more 'work'. Even though you were only 17 years old, your intelligence and abilities in various fields of science secured you a job with no other than Tony Stark himself. 

Personally, you didn't know Tony, but your parents did and he had to admit to himself that your abilities were way over his expectations so he proposed to your parents to give you a job within the Stark Tower to help develop more sufficient weapons and armor. The news shocked you as you heard them and it didn't feel like it was happening. Neither did now. After almost half a year of working for the avengers, they already loved you and cherished you like you've been a part of the team since the very first day.

The avenger that especially caught your eye was Peter. You couldn't help but to feel butterflies whenever you saw him and your heart got all warm and fuzzy every time he spoke a single word. It was obvious he was your crush and everyone noticed it as well. Pietro and Bucky were teasing you the most, while Tony constantly got annoyed each time they mentioned anything related to crushing or love. He was a bit snappy lately, so all the avengers began teasing him as he had been on PMS or his "manly days".

"Are you still working on that new engine?" You heard a familiar voice behind you, making you instantly snap out from your thoughts about Peter. You slowly turned around and recognized it was Shuri. You two were sharing lots of projects together which meant you two hanged out so much you basically became best friends. She knew you so well like she did her brother. 

"I can't solve the cooling system... The engine would be overpowered to run on the energy of HZ874-RS star and it would just melt away... and I can't seem to find a better cooler than-"

"Hold on, this isn't about the engine." She interrupted you, crossing her arms and squinting her eyes. She smiled and shook her head gently, leaving you in a puddle of confusion. You looked at her in order she would tell you what she meant, even though you knew what she was referring too. 

"It's about Peter, isn't it?"

"Was I that obvious?" You ask and lean back in the chair, sighing sadly. "I'm worried... They went on a pretty dangerous mission and they aren't calling in... I know something wrong is happening because Fury is ignoring me every time I ask him for information. We haven't heard anything from Carol as well and she promised me to come to me if something was wrong."

"I know but (y/n), they're okay, you have nothing to worry about. They protect each other till death and I'm sure there is just a lack of signal. You'll see, in a snap they'll all be here, telling stories." She smiled at you reassuringly and pat your shoulder. You nodded in agreement and closed the blueprint, placing it aside on the table.

"I need an ice cream to cool my engine a little." Shuri chuckled and stood up excitedly, running out from the room to the kitchen. 

*time skip until around 3 am*

The Stark tower turned from a peaceful oasis to a mess with all the sirens turned on, rushing employees and flashing warning lights. You sat up on the bed immediately, shook your head and looked around the room, flashing red light piercing through the little window on your doors, making your heart stutter and beat in panic.

"No..." You whispered as you got up the bed and ran to your closet to put on the battle suit Shuri intentionally made for you. As you were dressing, someone rapidly opened your room doors.

"(Y/N) I need you to follow me to the shelter." It was Fury, and as always, he had doubts about sending you anywhere outside the office. You ignored him and zipped up your suit, making sure its all in proper order. Shuri developed the newest technology for these suits and it demanded practice with it which you didn't have. But today, you didn't even care if you were ready for it or not.