#12 Remedy ~ Pietro

A/N ~ this is the part two of the previous imagine "My heart is open":)

"I cannot believe his eyes were that red... They were as he was crying for ages." You murmured as you were walking down the hall to the training room. "Dammit, I left my papers in the lab." You sigh and turn back.

As you reached the lab's doors, you stopped and couldn't believe what you just saw. The lab was completely destroyed; all of the flasks and beakers were shattered on the floor, chemicals were all mixed and the most terrifying thing, Bruce and Pietro weren't in there. You covered your mouth as you were about to go into the lab.

"Bruce, Pietro!!!" You yelled as you entered the lab. There was no sight of them, well, at least not in the area you were able to see, due to the fog that was created by the chemicals. Your eyes started to itch from the fog and little drops of tears started falling down your red cheeks. It was terribly hot but you just didn't want to leave without finding both of them.

"(Y/N), get out of there!!!" You hear someone shout and your turn around. It was Bruce, together with Tony and Natasha. Just as they were about to enter the lab, a huge beam fell from the ceiling, making the path to you unavailable. Tony tried to break the glass, while Natasha started sobbing. They all started crying as they saw you in there, together with the flames of the chemicals.

"I'm not leaving without Pietro. I know he is in here." You whisper and proceed forward. You feet were stumbling over the broken glass and pieces of wooden table.

As you took a few steps forward, you noticed a figure in front of you, lightened by the flames. The figure turned over to you, revealing its face. It was Pietro. He looked horrible. His face was all red and smudgy from the smoke, his clothes dirty and even burnt on couple of areas. As he saw you, he smiled, followed by a tear.

"Get out of here, now!" You yelled and coughed couple of times. Your lungs were burning, as you inhaled the polluted air.

He refused to move from the open fire.

"I lost you. I have nothing to live for." He responded and looked away.

"You're completely insane! This is not how your life should end, I don't want to be the reason!" You shouted and walked a few steps forward.

"(Y/N)..." He said and turned to you, putting his hand on your shoulder. He looked into your eyes, making you sigh. "No matter what you say, I won't listen to you. This is what I deserve, after all the things I did to you. I don't deserve you. But the last thing I want to do..." He started, and placed his palms on your cheeks, brushing your cheekbones with his thumbs. You couldn't stop looking at his eyes, which seemed to be smiling to you. Your lips were all shaky, just as they were the moment before Pietro's lips first touched yours.

You could feel his warm breath and his nose brushing against yours. He finally placed his lips on yours, sending a huge jolt through your body. Your lips wanted his so bad. Just as you were about to say something, Pietro collapsed on his knees. You quickly reacted, and tried to get him back on his legs and help him to get out of here.

"No, leave me here." He whispered.

"I will not leave you here to die." You said and sat down next to him. "If you die, I die with you." You claim confidently. The flames started to grow even stronger, as two chemicals exploded right on the table you were next to, making you both weaker. You wrapped your hands around Pietro and hid his face so the flames don't hurt him. "Please stay with me." You whisper quietly and look into Pietro's eyes. Pietro's lips twisted into a smile when you looked at him.

"Leave me and go." He said with last atoms of strength he had. You connected your foreheads and watched his eyelids slowly fall down.

"Never." You say and close your eyes, moving yourself closer to Pietro and placing the last kiss on his lips before you black out.

I know you're scared, I can feel it. It's in the air, I know you feel that, too. But take a chance on me, you won't regret it...

Your eyes suddenly open, looking all around. You found yourself in the hospital bed, with bandages on your face and needles stuck in your arms. Also, there was a couple of familiar faces sitting next to you and sighing in relief when they saw you. Natasha, Steve and Bucky were smiling to you.

"So, how does fire feel?" You hear a voice in distance and immediately recognize it as Tony's. He soon showed his face, which had an enormous smile on it.

"Do you really need to be a jackass today?" Natasha said and pierced him with her look.

"Sorry (Y/N)." He said and you giggled a bit. As you looked at Natasha, you noticed someone lying on the bed next to yours. It was Pietro and he was also looking at you, but as soon as you caught him staring, he looked away.

"Come on guys, let's leave them alone." Bucky said and shooed everyone out of the room, and just as he was about to close the doors, he winked and smiled to you.

Awkward silence it was, but you just couldn't stop looking at each other.

"How-"

"I-"

You both started at the same time, and laughed as you stopped.

"How stupid can your really be, Pietro?" You ask.

"When I'm in love, I do stupid stuff." He said and giggled.

You sigh and look down at your fingers. "You could've died..."

"I know... But being without you, would be like having no life at all. I wasn't afraid of dying at all." He said and looked at you. "I still love you..."

You look at him in tears. "I can't forgive you..."

"At least give me a chance to express how much I love you. I don't ask much, just one more date with you. Please..."

"Fine." You claim and look at him. "But you cook this time. I had to cook on our first date." As you said this, Pietro giggled and put out his hand on your bed.

"It's a deal." He responded and took your hand into his. You looked down at your hands and couldn't help but smile.

"You better don't screw up, Maximoff."