Reaching Towards The Stars

-Sorry I am a day late T-T. ALSO 30 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPPIE! IT's dangling in my hand! I know u want it so vote!

“Ello, Hello Japan! Today we are doing our newest segment, Reaching Towards the Stars. After these short commercials, lets see which star will reach the stars first today,” said the host of the show, Kuro, smiling broadly.

I closed my eyes for a millisecond and quickly put on a excited smile, slightly swinging my legs, as if I was excited. But I was far from that. I wasn’t nervous, but in pain. I was glad I was sitting and giving my poor ankle some rest for just a few minutes.

“Well, well, well isn’t it the loser, who thinks she is better then everyone,” I heard an annoying voice. I turned my head to see…Mei.

I rolled my eyes mentally. She thought she was my rival, but honestly she didn’t stand anywhere near that. The only ways she got her roles was because of the doe re mi her father had. The last time I checked money didn’t count as my competition. She thought she was a great actor, but in reality she need to grow up. With money you can’t grow your talent. Her only power was her daddy’s money. She had talent, I would admit that, but it was still at the same level since the last five years. She needed to use the power, the talent within her to be my rival, not her daddy’s money.

“Mei! It’s nice to see you again,” I said with a smile, tilting my head to the left.

“Whatever loser,” she mumbled, as she sat in the seat next to me, smirking. “I hope your ready to lose,” she said, crossing her legs and looking at me.

I just stared at her with my smile.

“What are you staring at you freak,” she yelled.

“Hmmmm,…I’m looking at nothing, nothing at all,” I said, while tilting my head to the left.

She cringed her eyebrows from confusion. “You better not you freak,” she said, and then looking away. I smirked, she didn’t get it, did she? I let out a chuckle, as I rested my head on to my hand.

“And we are back people! Before we send these stars toward the stars up in the sky, lets see who they are,” said the host.

The camera came towards me... With Kuro skipping towards me… I couldn’t help but chuckle. This is why I loved comedy shows. I gave them an excited wave as they stopped at me.

“Well, well isn’t it the girl who almost is a real star herself. Japan you probably already know this international sensation, Jewel Starlet,” Kuro said, exaggerating my last name. I gave him a chuckle.

“So Ms. Starlet do you have anything to say. Hmmm, do you think you‘ll win?”

I gave him a smile. “I’m really excited about this race! Hopefully I won’t go tumbling down a cliff,” I said, rubbing the back of my neck, while biting my tongue, making the host laugh his insides out…I wasn’t that funny, was I? He then went to Mei and the other stars on the show.

Soon we were called to the starting line. I positioned myself, as Mei stood next to me, stretching.

“Tell me Starlet can you see into the future,” Mei said with a weird tone.

“Hmm… not the last time I checked,” I said with a small smile, as I did a small stretch myself. What did she mean? Something felt off, but I couldn’t think about it anymore because the race had begun. I could do this! All I had to do was run around a small mountain….easy enough. I took a big dip of the mountain air, and started moving my legs.

No one was in front of me, nor behind me. It was then when I realized I had left them far behind, just like I did in many others races...Well I guess this was good.

I swallowed the tears that wanted to escape and show the world that I was weak. I can‘t lose! To others it might look like I was running extremely fast, but I knew I was running slower then my normal pace.

Unexpectedly the world around me started shaking. I watched at the trees danced around me, and the world become a whirlpool. Abruptly I fell to the hard solid ground.

I closed my eyes as I tired to dismiss the horrible feeling all over my body. Slowly I got up to only stumble towards the ground again. I gritted my teeth. I won't give up! The quicker I finish the race, the quicker I can rest and find the boys. Once again I tried standing, overlooking the dizzy spell that came over me just a few seconds ago.

I started to run again when three men in black suits popped out of the trees. I took a few steps back, confused. Was this part of the show?

My eyes widened as one of them swung at me. I quickly ducked, saving myself from the painful bruise, but only adding terrible pressure to my poor ankle. Another one tried to kick me, but I quickly did a flip over him, landing on my better leg. I tried running, but one of the dimwits grabbed my luscious black hair, making me meet the earth’s face. One of them tried kicking me again, but I quickly made myself roll over. Quickly, well as quickly as I could with my injured leg, I got up.

Suddenly those bamboos were smirking. I cringed my eyebrows in confusion.

They all came toward me at once. I tried backing up, only to find myself floating in midair. My eyes widened as I felt myself fall.

-I have the next chappie ready! But I want 30 votes first! Once I get those votes then you guys will get the next chapter. You will find out if Jewel falls tumbling down the cliff or does a helicopter mysteriously pop up and save her? YOU WILL NEVER KNOW UNTIL I GET 30 VOTES!

-Also who know a good picture for this chapter??? Something funny-like a manga picture of a girl running crazily. -did I spell that write?

-I want to say thank you all for reading this and voting, and fanning! Also this chapter isn't edited yet, but will be soon because I just found an editor so si-a-nara (bye)