I'm so Good At Running I Don't Need A Car

I tumbled down the cliff, giving me bruises and scratches that mother won’t like. In a quick instant, I noticed the deadly rocks below me. I quickly looked around for something that I could grab on to.

I reached for the branch sticking out of the cliff. My body jerked itself upward as I caught on to it. I let out a hazy breath as I stabled myself.

“Aw, you didn’t fall into the bed rock,” whined a really annoying voice. I looked up to see Mei…Suddenly it all clicked. That’s what the maggot meant when she asked me if I was physic! Those bamboos were her little minions!

“Of course you did this,” I said, as I shook my head looking at the cheat.

“Duh! Take this as a lesson for trying to show off!”

“Me showing off? At least I don’t go buying other peoples’ affection. What I do is not called showing off, but actually using my talent,” I said, while scoffing.

She looked at me with a board expression and then yawned, waving her hand at me. “Well I hope to see you at the finish line,” she said, before kicking some dirt at me. I quickly looked the other way, not wanting anything she touched in my eyes. 65

I watched as she was carried away by the bamboos. I rolled my eyes, she couldn’t even run some simple miles. Once again I stabled myself to the branch. I closed myself grunting as I started I climbing the cliff slowly. There was no way I was going to give up! I came so far, and nothing was going to stop me from getting my freedom. I was going to win the race, not like had a choice.

A wave of dizziness tackled me, making me almost lose my grip. I gritted my teeth as I tried stabling myself once again. I won’t cry! I wasn’t weak! Come on Jewel your stronger then that!

I slowly inhaled. For a second I wanted to scream for help, but I knew I was alone. I was far away from the track. No one would be able to help me, but me. Only I could get myself out of this mess. I’ve always been alone, as I was today. Unconsciously I started to hum as I climbed the steep cliff.

I ignored the dirt and sweat that covered me, and continued with my sweet melody.

Not single ray of light is to be seen

Not a single soul is seen

What are you going to do now

Yup, I can do this. I continued with my treasure that magically gave me a new born strength.

I was left in the darkness

When I felt like all hope was lost

It was then when I realized…

A small smile came onto my face as I reached the home base. Slowly I crawled away from the cliff, afraid of falling again. I closed my eyes as I sat beneath the shady tree. I just need a minute to rest then I’ll continue with putting this up. I was so tired, thirsty, dizzy. I just wanted to sleep, but I couldn’t. My heart demanded for me to shed some tears, but I won’t.

I looked at my watch, I guess it was time to show them…Ace.

Slowly I let the anger, my emotions, in me build up. After all Ace was only awakened when she felt anger or when I was in deep trouble. Ace had no emotions. She was numb…Her heart was just a bare rock. She didn’t have a care in the world.

I knew if I looked in a mirror right now, I wouldn’t be able to see my emerald eyes. They were probably clouded by the deadly grayness.

I had a created Ace when I was twelve. I created her as a shield. She only comes out when I need her the most.