Part 13

Lisbon woke up early the next day hearing her phone buzzing on her bedside table. Groaning she threw away the sheets and answered it. It was about a new case. After calling the team and Jane, she stood up and got dress fast. Giving a kiss to her sleepy daughter and leaving a note to Angela, she left her house and drove to her crime scene.

She arrived first, and found the police officers and the coroner already to work. Her crime scene was on a park in a poor neighborhood. She didn't know about the victim yet and she had to wait until the forensic finished their work.

Ten minutes later the team and Jane arrived and they finally went closer and spoke with the coroner. They all stayed stunned when they saw their victim. It was a newborn. The poor baby was filled in blood wrapped in a blue blanket. According to the coroner, the baby was delivered the night before.

"It's a boy. He lived only a few hours." Dr Steiner explained softly.

"Was he born here?" Van Pelt asked with a broken voice.

"I don't know it. The umbilical cord was tied with sewing thread." Dr Steiner replied professional.

"The park is filled with dogs during the night. They must let him some hours ago." Cho said composed.

"And the is not trace of birth here. " Jane stated looking with tears at the baby.

"Ask around the neighbors. The mother may live here closely." Lisbon ordered and the team left with a nod.

"Are you hungry Lisbon?" Jane asked and Lisbon frowned to him. "Come on, I saw a dinner across the street." Jane continued and grabbed her hand making her follow him.

"Jane, we can't just sit here and eat. We need to find the parents of the baby." Lisbon said upset as they sat on a table.

"And we will." Jane responded softly and a old woman came to take their order.

"Hello, What would you like to have?" she asked friendly.

"Eggs for me and pancakes for my lady. And one tea and coffee to go." Jane said polite and she left with a nod.

"Relax. I promised you to find them. But first we need to eat something." Jane said with a small smile and Lisbon let out a sigh.

Ten minutes late, Jane had finished his eggs and Lisbon looked at him angrily. She had crossed her hands on her chest and she was ready to leave when Jane called the old woman to come.

"The eggs are great. Do you leave many years in this neighborhood?" Jane asked her gentle.

"Over twenty years." she replied calm.

"Do you know a woman who is ready to give birth around here?" Jane asked plain.

"Yeah. There is a young girl. She lived two blocks from here. She came to country two years ago."

"Can you tell us where we can find her?" Jane asked softly.

"Why?" she asked worried. "Is she in some kind of trouble?"

"No, miss. We need to make some questions to her." Lisbon interrupted and showed her the badge.

"She lives above the grocery store. She rents the house by Mr. Mills. He told me he thinks she is pregnant. She hides it because there is not a father around. " she replied and left quickly.

"Her name is Adrianna Lockseak. She lives in my apartment two months. She is twenty three years old. " Mr. Mills said calm.

"Does she live alone?" Lisbon asked with her professional voice.