Chapter One

Vickrim's Point Of View

My mind foggy as the early morning sky had been pitch black like the nighttime, my upper body covered in my favorite charcoal black hoody as blood dripped from my forehead, I could feel the wetness clotting my hair and sliding down the contours of my face as I welded the knife in my hand, police sirens ringing in my ears like an unwanted pest flying in constant rotation, the blue and red flashing lights became brighter as it rushed closer, my legs standing stable, as I watched them run from me, all three of them punctured with wounds that oozed of thick red blood but not even that could turn on my emotions, guilt was non-existent to me.

"Man, why are you just standing there, get in the fucking car, we need to leave! Now!" I heard a voice coming at me in full force while the sirens grew louder, I was stuck in a trance as my chest moved up and down rapidly, the adrenaline still pumping through my veins as my body began to sweat from the brutal stabbing I had committed, I rotated my head to see Connor seated in the black leather drivers seat of my Wolf grey Shelby Gt 500, he was parked directly against the sidewalk waiting for me to jump into the passenger seat before the cops showed up ready to arrest the most heartless, wanted drug dealer in all of Chicago.

I was him.

"Vickrim!" Connor yelled again as I snapped from my daze and then wiped the blood from my knife with the material of my hoody while rushing over to the passenger seat, I swung the grey car door open and shifted myself inside while Connor put my car into full motion, as the tires squealed against the tar of the road drowning out the sound of the sirens as we escaped in a nick of time.

"Man you really need to stop zoning out." He said quickly checking the rear view mirror as he slammed his foot on the accelerate pushing my car to its limit, the engine roared as we sped down the road as if we were striping the tar from the ground.

"Can you not drive like a dick, you're fucking up my tires man, do you know how expensive those fucking tires are?" I snapped, tossing the knife in the backseat as it landed on a stack of T-shirts. I checked the compartments of my car for the cloth I had used a few weeks ago to clean my engine, I had to rid my hands of the crimson red blood it was stained in, so I searched.

"Can you lighten up." He said shifting his gaze from the road to rest on me for a few seconds while I cleaned my rough hands. "I'll steal you new ones" he shrugged and then quickly made a sharp left, the blood dripping from my forehead had stained my clothes with tiny drops of redness as my licorice straight black hair fell into my eyes , I watched the drops drop below like rain.

I managed to wipe the blood with my sleeve and added pressure in hopes that it would stop tapping out of me. "They got away" I said in a normal tone of voice, thinking about all the money I had just lost.

"It's your fault, you let them go and watched them leave like a little bitch." He commented snidely, causing me to have an outburst of angry as I quickly lifted my body and twisted it to reach for the backseat to retrieve the knife I had used in the stabbing. I hastily snatched it up and pressed it against his throat, resting it on the thick blue vein sticking out from his neck as he slowed down his driving, he was quiet and I could smell the fear he was giving off, which had caused me to smirk instantly, feeling powerful and dominant was like a drug.

"Know who you're talking to, you and I might go way back but don't think for a second," I pressed the knife adding pressure "that I won't kill you." I ended with a hint of laughter under my breath as he swallowed hard and then I tossed the knife on the passenger car mat as words failed to escape his mouth, he couldn't look me in the eye, not once so instead he kept his wood brown eyes on the road ahead. Street lights emitting flashes of light inside the car as we zoomed by, my eyes followed the road the narrow road, I saw three figures emerging from the alley beside the 24 hour doughnut place on the corner of Willow and Mockingbird street, my observant senses heightened as the figures slowly appeared into the dark sky, my eyes failed to drop its stare.