Chapter Thirty-Four

Delilah's Point Of View

"She's here, I got her, she's in pretty bad shape but she's safe." Stacey had spoken to me on the phone, I looked over to Vickrim and nodded to notify him that Nox was telling the truth.

"Let me speak to her." I wanted to make extra sure, Stacey had betrayed Nox, whom she had partnered up with for more than a few years, she could easily be lying and I wanted to be sure she wasn't.

"Hey, little bitch. I hope you've been staying away from carbs since I've been gone, it would be a shame if you turned into a whale. An utter Shame." She had spoken in a drained tired tone, even when she's at her worst she still finds the time to insult me, but that was definitely her.

I hung up.

I looked over at Vickrim who pulled out a clean, sharp knife, so sharp it could cut through a finger effortlessly and I knew in my heart it was time to kill Nox, apparently so did Nox.

He was a strange man, taking his death seriously and preparing to die like he was a sacrifice to the gods, he tilted his head back and I couldn't stand to watch this, I couldn't stand to see it so instead I listened, the sound of the blade sliced through his throat and it's as if I could hear the blood oozing from his neck, his death was quick and much less painless than what Vickrim had in mind, which was skinning him alive, making him eat his wife's limbs and making her watch and then electrocuting him starting with the lowest voltage and then kicking it up until Nox was no more.

I swear I would never cheat on Vickrim.

His mind was twisted and dark, like the sky's of a storm, with thunder clouds rolling in, he was impossible to love if you didn't know him. But I did, I knew him.

"You can look now." He spoke and then I swallowed heavy and then slowly turned to see that Nox's head was covered with a bag to hold the gruesomeness inside.

Vick sat across from Gretchen and then I saw him pulling out a needle, he injected it into Gretchen's vein as I watched.

"More drugs?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have plans for her." He said and then  stared up at me with those eyes that made me worry.

"You can't kill her Vickrim, you gave Nox your word." I said reminding him. Even though I wanted her dead as much as Vickrim did, Nox had loved her and he's last plan was to ensure that she lived, it was stupid for me to think that that was beautiful but I did deep down, way way deep down.

"I'm not going to kill her." He spoke fluently and then lifted himself from his seat.

"Where you going to!?" I watched him leave the room.

"Shower, I need to rid myself from all the blood stains and prepare to go home." He said from the bedroom, something in his voice didn't seem right so I had to follow him.

"Baby?" I questioned, his back facing me as he pulled his dirty t-shirt from his body. He didn't answer me nor turn to see me and then I heard him sniff.

"Vickrim." I walked towards him and then placed myself in front of him as I noticed tears rolling down his cheeks. "Are you crying?" I whispered, I couldn't believe this.

"If you tell anyone of this, I will break up with you." His voice raspy.

"I'm not going to tell anyone." I smiled small and then wiped his stream of hot melting tears and then I felt him fall onto me as he held me and I held him in return.

His body so warm as touched.

"I miss him." He had spoken softly as I rubbed his back. "It's okay, I miss him too." I said holding him tighter, he was like a little baby. I felt his tears wetting me as it seeped through my clothes.