Chapter Fourteen

Delilah's Point Of View

I had faintly heard a coughing sound as I was caught between reality and the dreamland, the sound slowly forcing my eyes to open as my vision began to adjust, I laid there on the guest bed of Vickrim's house, my body intertwined with the sheets as I rested peacefully on its my side.

The sound still refusing to die and this time it had gotten worse, it was similar to the sound Ginger makes when she's coughing up a hair ball but this in fact couldn't be Ginger because my little darling kitten was asleep right beside me.

I paused for a moment to listen for it again and as expected there it was, that couching, scratching sound. God please don't tell me Vickrim had decided to take a hostage and store him in the basement or even worse what if his house was haunted, what if this was just like that movie Paranormal Activity.

Okay, I was beginning to become slightly paranoid as I scanned the room with my eyes, not that there was any source of light or if ghosts where even visible to the naked eye.

Okay, This was silly, I thought after hearing the sound again and then lifted myself from my bed.

Ghost don't exist and I refuse to become my mother.

I stepped my way to the bedroom door and then pulled it open as a creaking sound screeched from the wood, I pushed myself onto the pathway as I listened for it again, it was louder this time so I followed it, I had to know the cause of this sound so I could go back to bed and enjoy the rest of my slumber. I stepped slowly and carefully as the sound had guided me to the bathroom door and before I entered, I whispered gently.

"Hey." I said but had gotten no reply so I placed my hand onto the door and slight pushed it open while stepping inside.

"Connor!" I gasped seeing him resting his head on the toilet seat while his topless body slouched down beside it, a whiff of vomit had stung my nose so I pinched it with my fingers.

"Connor." I bent down shaking him with my free hand "Get up." I whispered and then I watched his eyes slowly open to see me as a smile never looked so lazy before.

"You sound like Squidward." He laughed lightly as I let go of my nose while a smile painted my face, I grabbed his body with both hands and then flung him up so he could get onto his feet, of cause it was a difficult task but I managed. He stood up, leaning against the wall for support as his eyes rolled it's way over to see me and then he smiled but before he could say anything I had spoken.

"You smell really bad, you smell like vomit." I gave a hint of laugher in my eyes and then he lazily walked over to flush the toilet which he had used as his vomit capturer and then returned back to his position against the wall, he stared up at the ceiling for a moment as he smiled but not the same goofy smile he always had, this smile seemed serious which had me slightly worried, his eyes then fell back onto me and then he opened his mouth to speak.

"And you smell like Vickrim." He said and then moved me from his way, trying to exit the bathroom, my brows pressed together as I gently pulled him back inside. He stayed but ripped himself from my hold.

"What are you talking about?" I asked highly confused and then he spoke.

"Did you sleep with him?" He asked oddly in a serious manner.

"No!" My eyes grew wide, "I never slept with him."

Oh my god Connor! I never slept with Vickrim why would I ever sleep with Vickrim and even if I did why is that any of your concern or business. You over there sleeping in the next room with Lisa, probably banging her brains out so don't question me about Vick.