Chapter Thirty-Two

Vickrim's Point Of View

I was taken back by her, she was beautiful like something Picasso had painted. I had always pictured seeing her again for the first time after a long time and this was nothing like I had imagined, there she was, the goddess I had always dreamt about and now she was pointing a gun at my brother, my best friend, my main boy.

"Drop your gun." I said calmly placing myself in front of Delilah to protect her, and then pulled out my own, pointing it at her, the nose inline with the point in the middle of the brows, my aim was dead on.

Once, I would have given up everything I had for this girl but now, she means absolutely fucking nothing to me.

"I said drop your fucking gun!" I yelled as she continued to stare at me with soft eyes, as if she was about to cry.

"You won't shoot me Vickrim, I know you won't." She said only seeing me but still aiming for Connor. "Put my husband down, and I'll let you walk out freely." She said to Connor.

"Husband." I repeated and then shook my head, of cause I knew at this point that she had married Nox but it was still fucked up to hear her call him her husband. "You don't know me at all if you think that I wouldn't kill you, you pull that trigger and kill Connor, I will kill you." I paused "I give you my word." I let out slowly with narrowed eyes and then cocked my gun.

"You're bluffing!" She yelled and then my girlfriend slowly stepped out from behind me, I could feel her tight hold on my t-shirt becoming looser as she let go.

"What the fuck are you doing baby, get behind me." I roared but of course she didn't fucking listen.

"Gretchen, he's not bluffing." She spoke calmly "trust me, be smart don't take a gamble drop your gun, he will kill you if you harm Connor."

Who the fuck is Gretchen? That's Penelope, what the fuck is happening.

"It's funny how shit works you know, it's funny that it's you Delilah." She rambled. "My cousin, my own cousin stole my boyfriend." She sighed with a smile coming from an angry place.

Cousin?

My eyes wide but I pushed that detail from my mind.

"Stole your boyfriend!? Are you fucking joking, you left me! You fucking left me with no explanation, I was in love with you! I fucking loved you you heartless bitch!"

"Shut up! It wasn't fucking easy leaving you!" She almost cried.

"Then why did you Penelope!? Why the fuck did you leave!" I yelled still holding my gun firm.

"Because Nox showed me a better life, when I met you, you were still running around trying to find yourself and Nox was so put together. He had what you didn't at the time."

"And what was that, Huh!?"

"Money Vickrim, he had more money than you had!" She yelled with sad disappointing eyes.

My mother and Penelope were more alike then I had known.

"So his money was more valuable to you than what I was!?" I screamed. "All those years we've spent together was a lie!?"

"You fell in love with the person I pretended to be, at the time you were a rich boy coming from a well off family and I never had that growing up so I made you fall for me, by pretending to be something I'm not, yes I did fall for you too but I never really loved you more than what you could offer me financially, and then Nox came and convinced me to leave you and I did because I chased the money but stupidly I fell for him deeply fucking up my own plan and now I want nothing more than Nox, I don't care about the money, I just want Nox. Vickrim, you fell in love with a dream, a lie, an illusion, you don't even know the real me."