Chapter Eighteen

Delilah's Point Of View

I felt Vickrim's rough fingers glide slowly over my smooth skin, his fingers wiping my hair from my bare shoulder as I let out deep heavy breaths, standing before him like a goddess in the morning sunbeams as his smoldering eyes tailed over my face as if he was completely in love with me, his dark shinny black hair similar to his misunderstood soul, dripping down as his gaze dropped, I felt his powerful hands on each side of my waist as his lips looked more than delicious, I swallowed the nervous lump building in my throat as he slowly leaned in, I wanted his lips to gracefully meet mine and then I wanted him to tear me apart, I wanted him to fully dive into everything that was me and-

"Delilah, where do I put these book, they don't have any labels on them?" Said Naomi the new girl, pulling me from my oh so captivating daydream.

Okay, who the fuck am I kidding, I like Vickrim, of cause I do why do I have to be so god damn stubborn and front like I don't, the more time I spend deciphering him and learning about him the more fond of him I grew. 

Acceptance is key.

"Um.." I closed my eyes for a moment trying to recover "over in that box, I'll sort it out later." I smiled shaking my head, as I lifted my elbows from the library counter.

"Okay." She said sweetly pushing her thick glasses onto her face. Her jungle hair in pink scrunches and I couldn't help but stare curiously.

Who still wears scrunches? I wondered but then brushed off my thought as she came strolling towards me.

It was her first day and she was doing quite well. On my first day, I showed up still drunk from the previous night, God, just thinking about it had made me crave a glass of red wine, and might I add, my encounter with Vickrim's mother this morning had strongly encouraged my craving. That woman was a lot to consume.

"Is it usually this quiet?" Naomi said lifting herself up onto the counter, slouching as she sat staring at me.

"Yeah, we'll be lucky if we get more than ten people come in today." I said and then she exhaled in relief.

"Thank god, I'm so scared. I have trouble talking to people, I'm surprised that I'm even talking to you right now." She laughed.

"I felt the same at first, but you'll get the hang of it." I shrugged as I walked over to the coffee machine while she picked up a book and began to flip through the pages.

"Hey Naomi." I pressed a button that beeped loudly. "Yeah?" She yelled from the other side of the counter.

"You want a cup?" I offered while my back faced her. I pushed a few more buttons and then the machine did the rest.

"Make that two, you don't want to be rude and not offer me. Now do you?" I heard a voice that was familiar and then I sighed deeply as I felt myself feeling slightly heated, rolling my eyes like marbles of irritation.

I turned to see him standing there looking all smug as he leaned over to engage in conversing with Naomi, who in fact just stood there with her mouth open while he smirked dashingly.

"What do you want Connor?" I said stepping towards him. I was still slightly pissed by how last night had went between him, Lisa and myself.

I was pissed because she was such a bitch and all he did was watch her insult me.

Okay, he wasn't my boyfriend or anything but still.

"I want to apologize." He said as if I was stupid.

"Well..." I made my eyes big, waiting to hear those magic words.

"Im waiting for you to apologize first." He said cocking his head back while Naomi just sat their with not a word in her mouth, staring at him with lustful eyes.