Chapter Ten

Delilah's Point Of View

"I need you to come with me." He spoke, his words as firm as his grip as he dragged me towards his car, cigarette in his other hand while his eyes only focused on his car and his mind focused on getting me inside of it.

"Come with you!?" I yelled feeling his pull and then I ripped my arm from his clutch, "You never explain anything but yet you expect me to just..to just go along with your little adventures!" I screamed still feeling the emotions I had felt when my mother had ripped me into pieces with her words.

He paused to turn around and face me while I stood there demanding that he gave me a reason for once, for just once. His eyes stared as I stood there breathing heavy watching him with wild eyes and messy hair.

He didn't speak.

"You can't just force me to leave my life and place it on hold whenever it suits you! Vickrim, you can't force me to just get up and leave when you need me." I said feeling the raw emotions I refused to deal with inside of the mental institution, my mother was why I was emotional, but Vickrim had triggered my emotions to show themselves physically as I felt the first tear slowly glide from my eye, my skin felt its salty touch and then it dropped to the ground as easy as it slid over my cheek, his eyes never left my face as he stood frozen while the wind sliced through his straight hair and for a moment he looked confused as if he was unaware of what to do.

But I couldn't stand still anymore, because I new that that one drop wasn't the end, it was only the beginning, I could feel the rest of my tears sitting in my eyes as I tried to hold them for rushing out.

I could feel them stinging as the wind blew my hair into my face, I rotated myself as I pulled my father's car keys from my pocket, and then..

and then I just let them free fall into the open air as my heart began to pound, my breathing quickened as I cried silently with every blurry step I took  to reach my car and then before I could unlock the door I felt his touch, his hand gently gripped my waist and then he twisted me around to have me face him.

"Sometimes I forget about the monster I've become." He said not moving an extra muscle on his face, the seriousness never died, and I never expected it to.

"It's not your fault." I sniffed, wiping my tears away with my hand as he stayed standing stable before me. "I'm just, I'm just dealing with a lot , I.." I struggled to say and then he spoke, interrupting my words.

"It's okay." He nodded. "I get it." He said as if he did, as if he could possibly understand the bottled up emotions I've been holding captive for so long.

"You do?" I questioned feeling my eyes redden.

"Of cause I do, whatever you're feeling I know has something to do with what's inside of there." He nodded his head to the institution building. "It's okay to feel broken and confused, you see I too am tormented by emotions and I can assure you that what I've been through in life, is pain you couldn't possibly imagine so know that however much you're hurting, however much pain you think you're enduring is nothing to the tears that I've tasted." He spoke and for some reason his words had made me feel slightly better about my messed up life, it made me feel as if I wasn't alone, as if I was no longer in the isolation I had found myself lurking around in, because his tormented soul had shown me that I could have had it a lot worse and that I should appreciate my struggles.

He then took a step back as I stared in confusion while he stuck the cigarette between his lips and before I could realize what was happening he had allowed his feet to pull himself away from me and I couldn't understand why he would just walk away.