A Letter of Resignation.

Hello, lovely (look, I've moved on from "fun friend"),

In case you haven't noticed, this is not a one shot, though my title is witty enough to possibly, make you guess that.

I'm Alex. Hi. You probably know me from other Author's Notes. I'm the obnoxious one. Yes. See? Now do you remember me?

So I have made a decision: Piano Days is going to come to an end.

Maybe you're freaking out now.

Maybe you're relieved because you're finally going to be able to move on with your life.

Maybe you're like, finally no more angst! A ray of sunshine has broken through the clouds of pain and romantic suffering!

I'm somewhere in the middle.

Life is getting hard and for some reason, this thing, that requires absolutely no commitment, has added some stress to my life. Even though I haven't been updating as much, I have actually been writing a ton. But I can't finish what I start and that's infuriating for the perfectionist in me.

Also, this has gone on for over a year! A year of writing and ideas and over four dozen stories of our boys falling in love! And my writing style has grown so much! Just go back and look at some of my earlier stuff. It's not very good. And I have beat this ship to a pulp, then juiced the pulp, until there's pulpy pulp. I don't want my writing to be degraded to crap because I've tried to juice the pulpy pulp.

Okay.

Focusing again.

Here's the thing: when I publish the last one-shot, I want the satisfaction of switching the status of this story from "Ongoing" to "Completed."

If this upsets you, I'm sorry (I love you all for making it this far, don't kill me), but the good news is, if I happen to get a crazy idea that can only apply to Malec and I find the time to write it to the level I want it to be at, then I'll probably publish it. That's the nice thing about the "Completed" button. There's no real commitment. That's why this isn't a funeral service: there is no permanence in this, like there is in the finality of death. This is more like a coma, where revival is a possibility, with the odds depending on various factors that may or may not come into play.

Morbid...

As for other things, if you've read The Song of Achilles, I have Patrochilles one-shots. If you've read The Raven Cycle series, Adam and Ronan are my babies and I believe that I can channel Gansey and I have fic for them. I don't plan on giving up on Shadowhunters fanfic completely; we'll see what the future brings.

I'm also still an obnoxious blogger on Tumblr and anything I write in the future will probably be posted there as well as here (but I figure most of you will want to remove this from your library). My TMI-only blog is alexanders-sweaters and my new URL is ganseys-mint-plant and that's my primary blog where you can see my face and my thoughts more often. If you happen to follow me on there now, you know I'm not just a horrible blogger and that I love talking to people, and making friends. I suck at responding on Wattpad because Wattpad sucks at notifying so that's my excuse for on here! I love meeting new people and the most exciting part of my day is my internet friends. If you'd like to keep in touch with something other than Tumblr, I also have a Gmail account, specifically for this purpose, just inbox me for that. And if anyone wants me to check out their fics, just let me know. I'm here to help!

A couple of people have been absolutely fantastic:

Queen_Books_13 has been around since the beginning and really encouraged me to keep writing.

AllieLightwood is absolutely amazing and sweet and the best encouragement for writing and I adore you, Allie. One day, I'll appear on your doorstep, I swear.

MariferBtr, again, so amazing and supportive.

I don't think I've ever smiled quite like I smile when I see fandomgirl46 comments. I mean, truly, truly, amazing comments, that may or may not threaten me. I love it.

These people have also taken the time to give me reactions and compliments and are just wonderful for doing it again and again: uptownstump5, Aninterestingwriter, skullrose18, and pen_knife.

I know there are more and I appreciate everyone who ever took time to comment. I really do read every single comment.

But all of you were the reason for this. All of you got Piano Days from a stupid song fic to way too many eclectic one shots. And I thank you so much for this. It was truly something I never imagined happening to me.

I'm going to ask two more things from you:

1. On this line, comment your favorite Malec fics from Wattpad, AO3, Fanfic.net, Tumblr, wherever so that we can all continue to bask in the glory that is Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood and see how other writers do our boys. Even if it's your own fic (self-promotion is okay, go on ahead)! Also, because I love a good fanfic.

2. No matter, who you are, how much you've commented, how much you've liked, how much you've laughed or cried with my fanfics, if you could just write your name here, just so I can see who's come and gone, I'd really appreciate it as sort of a scrapbook to this lovely work.

Anyways.

This isn't goodbye.

Thank you for inspiring me and pushing my writing to new levels.

Anything but Goodbye,

Alex.