Chapter 4 - Darkness That Takes a Form

He finally reached Iquissa's room and knocked before entering, only to find that the room was completely empty, only Willow sat on her bed. Leaving, he decided to head to the next best place; the garden.

How could she not have told anyone? People don't have to go through things like this alone. She knows the people here are good and will try to help her. Roy continued to think to himself whilst he walked to his destination, still in disbelief himself that she would hide important things from her friends, and from him.

He reached the garden finally and saw her sitting on a tree stump staring up into the big blue, not noticing that Roy had entered through the bushes.

"You're missing breakfast, aren't you hungry?" Roy smiled kindly at his friend when she finally turned her head to see him.

"Well, I'm not particularly hungry this morning."

"Is there something bothering you?" he spoke as he found a spot next to her. He decided it wouldn't be best to tell her that Zelda told her friends about their conversation, so he would just wait until she said so herself.

"In a way, I guess there is." Iquissa yawned and stretched her arms. "I had a rough sleep last night." She continued to act casually, like this meant nothing to her.

Roy found his chance. "Is it thoughts? Or dreams?" Iquissa immediately snapped her head in his direction, and an angry expression enveloped her tired face.

"Who told you? Someone told you didn't they!?" She stood up and started pacing back and forth as she continued. "I bet it was Zelda, wasn't it? I should've never trusted her in the first place!"

"Iquissa, just listen-"

"You can never trust royalty, you know. They're full of idiots, just like the princess herself. They're prideful, oblivious, caring only about themselves-"

"IQUISSA!" She jumped at the suddenly outraged voice, and slowly turned to face Roy. She had gotten worked up again, and Orpheus wasn't there to stop her. Not even remembering what she said in those last few moments, she felt awful for Roy having to snap at her like that.

He sighed got up slowly and approached her, putting his hands and her arms. "You shouldn't be thinking like that, let alone be harvesting so much anger. Just tell me... What's going on?" he spoke firmly and almost dangerously, not wanting her to stall any longer.

Iquissa could only stare at the ground in horror of showing her anger to other people. "Roy I... I didn't mean to... whatever I said I-"

"I'm not mad, I'm just worried. I may not have been here that long, or known you for that long, but I can still be a friend and worry." What Iquissa said about royalty, Roy knew he should be mad, especially considering he is royalty himself. But he knew that wasn't the girl he knew who was speaking.

"Mm hm," was the only thing Iquissa responded with. From that moment on, she tried to keep her speaking to a minimum, afraid that she may again have an outburst with no one around to stop her.

They sat down and talked, Roy doing most of the talking as Iquissa was keeping herself quiet. Minutes were turned into hours, and hours were turned into the evening. No one visited the garden, knowing that Iquissa and Roy were talking; an eavesdropper told the rest of the group to stay away.

"It's getting late, we should head back inside," Roy finally finished, feeling a little famished after all the talking they did. He was now fully aware of her situation, note and all, and promised to not tell anyone. Truthfully.

"...okay." They started walking out of the garden, and back into the meeting area. They were going to go into the dining room where most people hung out for the duration of the day, but Iquissa decided to go to bed instead.