Chapter 5 - The Definition of "Family"

The stranger laughed, very much the same way Link did when we spoke before he left. "What are you doing here?" I asked viciously.

"I'm here because I told you to meet me here, is that not correct?" The voice had completely changed. From what sounded like Link, changed into Ike.

"Wait... Ike? Who are you!?" I demanded. The voices continued to change from one Smasher to another. It's identity remained cloaked under the hood.

"I am not the one who is important here. We are here for you, Iquissa."

"Why did you give me that note?"

"Because I need you to become my ally."

"What do you want?"

"I believe the question is, what do you want?" I stayed silent, now not knowing what to expect from this person. The voices were no longer singular, but all of the voices of the Smashers were spoken at the same time.

"Do you long for earth, to see you adoptive family again? I can see the despair in your eyes."

"What does my earth life have anything to do with this?"

"You'll see that it has everything to do with this, for I can give you the chance to send you back home." My heart skipped a few beats when I heard those words. I believed that I would never hear a living soul say anything of the sort to me.

The nightmare I had been dreaming for the past month, it made me think about my family. How much I took them for granted, how they still looked after me even though they hated me; I've felt as though that they may have been suffering this whole time I've been gone.

"...How?" I couldn't help it, but my heart was drawing me closer to this person. If they could send me home, to see my family again, who could they be?

"To the place where the past lives on, to the place where my true blood is gone. To the place where the earth claims me as it's own, to the place where I truly call home..." The stranger recited what sounded like a poem, or a spell.

"With these words bound to you like chains, a portal will open and lead you straight to your home where you family belongs." I couldn't believe that it was that easy. It was so easy, that it made this seem like even more of a trap.

"What's the catch?"

"There is none, none when your family only longs to see you again." The stranger started making no sense, did it know what my family was doing right now?

"These words will only live for 1 hour. Use it while you can, it's the only time you ever will." With the last words spoken, the stranger vanished into it's own shadow and disappeared completely.

1 hour? That's all I get? I get 2 days before seeing this person, but only 1 hour to decide to go back to earth!?

I quickly decided that time was of the essence, and that someone may have noticed my disappearance already. I shape shifted back into a wolf, and ran faster than I did before.

I was hoping to enter back through my window, but it was too high. That meant that I'd have to go back through the main entrance. I picked up my necklace from where I left it before, and turned human again. Willow became a staff again, and Orpheus immediately saw me.

"It relieves me to see you unharmed, master."

"Orpheus, I am so sorry. I felt like I had to do it."

"What is it that you actually did? What did this stranger want?" I started walking with Orpheus to the entrance of the mansion whilst we talked.

"It didn't want anything from me, it gave me something by their own choice."