Chapter 12 - The Same, but Different

The bus trip home felt a lot longer than it needed to be. The Smashers and I took up 5 rows of chairs, which already made it crowded enough. By sitting on that bus, I was shown just how quickly news really does travel around at school. Above the arguing of Robin and Lucina about my brother's silly idea on how to make his name, all I could hear were the murmurings of students behind me.

"Did you hear? Ingrid stood up to Jamie and the others in fourth period."

"What? No way!"

"Yes way. Mr Moore caught them wagging class as well, and called their parents."

"Oh man, Jamie is going to kill her if she isn't already dead by the end of tomorrow."

My patience had run out, so I turned around and faced all of the other students that sat behind my friends and I. "Do you mind? I'm kind of getting sick of it now."

"If you're sick, just go barf on yourself. Your clothes would finally match your face," they teased and laughed as they started to pretend to vomit, making gross noises at the same time.

A familiar feeling, one that I hadn't felt in weeks, was coming back to me. There was this unhealthy rage inside, clawing at my insides begging to be let out. I arose out of my poorly cushioned seat, and stormed my way to the back of the bus.

I reached over the top of them and opened the window, making the wind blow everyone's hair around. "Well why don't you go jump!?"

They were taken by surprise and put their hands up defensively.

"Geez! We were only kidding! Just... close the window already!"

"... Just kidding? Just kidding?" I picked up the boy's schoolbag, and hurled it out of the window onto the passing footpath.

"What the hell's your problem!? My laptop was in there!"

"So who's laughing now!?"

"Hey! Settle down back there or I'll kick you ALL off this bus!" the bus driver angrily yelled. I was jump-scared by his low booming voice; enough to help me regain what little sanity I thought I had left.

Realising that I had another angry episode, I sat myself back down silently as the others looked at me, bewildered. Roy looked at me sadly however, being completely familiar with seeing me act in such a vulgar way.

That is what made the bus trip long.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I used my keys hidden in my dress pocket to let us inside the house, and I led them all into my living room. "So this is where I grew up... basically." I watched as they all looked at individual photo frames around the room, Robin mostly.

Since I had been missing for so long, and my family on earth had apparently been worried sick about me, they had started putting up every photo they could find of me everywhere around the house. I found it really creepy at first, but I soon learnt how to appreciate the new love they had for me.

"Iquissa, we need to talk," Samus seriously began. "About what happened back at the Smash mansion."

"That's true. We still don't really know much about anything," Pit spoke after.

"Okay, well why don't we?" We all sat down on the long sofas that stretched across the room. Pit sat next to me with Zelda, Lucina and Roy, whilst Robin, Marth, Link and Zelda sat on the other couch.

"The first thing I want to know, is how you opened that portal to come back to earth," my brother started. My stomach churned, rethinking about how I betrayed my own friends and family, how I deserted Orpheus. I sighed, wishing he were here now more than ever.