Chapter 16 - The Calm and the Storm

Our locked eyes stared daggers, as I finally saw whom I had wanted take my revenge on for so long. She was a spitting image. If Ike hadn't told us that this person was working with the villains, I would've believed that she was real.

That we could've been together again.

That she was still with me.

That she was my little sister, Jayla...

The wind continued to dance around us on top of the hill. I was telling myself how hard this was to believe, but in the end I wasn't all that surprised.

"We're your family..." Jayla said. Everything became clearer now; when I was locked in my room and Jayla was saying strange things to me, it wasn't her. It was this stranger who was talking to me.

I had to be strong, this girl was only a copy after all. She wasn't really my sister. "Jayla... you, mum and dad aren't my family. My family is here." Her face instantly changed to a twisted expression of anger. All too suddenly, a dark force erupted from within her and shot out at me. I was thrown back, but landed on my feet where the others were.

"Iquissa, who is that?" Lucina questioned as she pointed to the little girl on the hill.

"...My sister." Robin and the others looked at me with great confusion, boggled as to how to react. Robin's face changed so suddenly though.

"I'm not going to let her hurt anymore of us!" Instantly he charged straight forward with his Levin sword in hand. He was about to strike, and I freaked.

"No, stop!" I cried out to him. I saw he was inches away from hurting Jayla, but then Jayla's face had a wicked smile.

"You shouldn't have said anything..." she trailed off. Out of nowhere a loud voice boomed across the skies, shaking the ground with force.

"No, stop!" It was my voice. Robin was thrown back to where we all stood at the front of the mansion. He wasn't harmed very much, but I was still furious.

"You can't hurt my family like that!"

"But you hurt US, Ingrid!" I couldn't stand hearing her say my name anymore, and after thinking that I was slightly happy she was here, I wanted her gone.

I knelt down to my brother on the ground, and put the picture I was holding in his hand. "Please, look after it." I stood from my place and started walking back up the hill. "I need to do this alone."

I noticed that Jayla was slightly hovering above the ground, and darkness surrounded her figure. I understood that the power she used was mine; using voices. But my whispers were gentle wind, and her amplified voices were a raging storm.

"After the things I did for you, Ingrid... Making that portal for you so you could see mum and dad again, and now you don't want to see me anymore."

"You're not the real Jayla."

"Mum and dad showed you the love you always wanted to see, you stood up to those stupid girls who were always mean to you, you even made a friend!" She floated higher into the sky as her rage increased. "That was all because of ME!"

Jayla moved her hands around like she was a waterbender, and controlled the dark force. It appeared to be coming from her chest; her heart. Dodging was hard, because she was so fast. I had to fly around multiple times in the air to try and get away from her.

"I won't fight with you!"

"You already are!" She pulled her arms and legs in close to her, before she opened up again and released her, or should I say my power, across the fields.