Chapter 17 - Epilogue

After a few months, the Smash mansion had been completely restored to its former glory, and Lucina's arm was completely healed. Yet again, we all took the chance to make it look better than it did before. It's like destroying the mansion should be an annual tradition, so we can all make it look really eventually. That'd be nice.

At the same time, I decided to rearrange my dorm. Willow now has it's own place on the wall where Orpheus resides within, so I can constantly look to it and think about how my amazing friend stuck by me, even when he wasn't there.

I kept the picture that Jayla had given me on my last day on earth, framed and hung on my wall also. Even though I had lost everything when the portal closed, that family still has a place in my heart. I don't know where I would be without them in my life. I have every right to thank them.

Along with the few months of the Smash mansion recovering, I had my own recovering to do. After my encounter with the fake Jayla, I felt like a wound had been left on my heart. I didn't know whether it was a negative scar, or possibly a good one to remind me of the real Jayla.

Either way, I had support from all sides. My brother, the rest of my friends including Ike, and even Roy were all with me. There were days I refused to leave my room because I didn't want anyone to see me the way I was. As time went by however, I learnt that I didn't need to be embarrassed in front of my family, blood or bond.

A large group of Smashers, including Roy and myself, were watching a sudden death match; Robin, Falco and Sonic versus Link, Dark Pit and Ryu. It was certainly a sight to behold. I knew I shouldn't have, but I started to laugh when no one was fighting and Falco, Sonic and Dark Pit just stood in the centre yelling at each other.

"Good to hear you laughing again," Roy said to my right. He smiled at me as I smiled back.

"Yeah... it's been a while." I celebrated Robin's victory, despite being extremely baffled as to how his team managed to win in the first place, what with all the verbal fighting going on.

"Let's just please get away from them," he said as sped walked past me, pointing to the arguing bozos. I didn't question it, and walked with him.

"I'll see you later Iquissa," Roy called out as he walked the opposite direction.

Robin and I decided to visit the garden, sitting in the soft grass whilst cloud gazing. "Thanks for coming to watch my match today, Iquissa. I'm really proud of you."

"Proud of me? For what?"

"For stepping out again. I know that it's been really hard on you these past few months, but I'm glad that you're looking happier."

"Yeah well, I'll have to get over it someday," I kidded. Robin sighed heavily, and turned his head to look at me directly in the eyes. He looked a little forlorn, and disheartened.

"You okay? What's wrong?"

"Iquissa," he began. "...I'm sorry for bringing you back." At first my mind took it the wrong way, thinking that he wished I wasn't here. But then I just became confused.

"'Sorry'? What for?"

"During that fight with your sister, when I was holding the picture, I... You looked so happy being with your family on earth."

I could see where this was going. "Robin-"

"As she began to fade..." I felt my stomach drop, recalling the unpleasant memory, "I didn't know that someone could show that much grief and sadness, even to their own family."

"Robin, I would've acted like that towards anyone close to me. Even Falco!" We both paused. "...Okay, maybe not Falco. But that's not the point." He cut me off as he began talking again.

"Back on earth, I was just so desperate to have you home again. At your school Samus questioned whether we really should bring you back. You walked past us with your friend, and you looked happy to be there."

I sighed, and looked at my brother apologetically. I didn't know what to say, or what I could say. He was right; I was happy being with Elios. He was the friend that I never had. And when suddenly he's gone forever... that contributed to my recovery time as well as the battle.

I shuffled closer to Robin, and put my head on his shoulder. "Just because I was happy there, it doesn't mean that I wouldn't be happy here... with you, Roy and all the others."

Robin put his hand on top of mine on the grass. "I'm sorry for breaking my promise."

"What promise?"

"The promise I made that I would never let you disappear again." My mind drifted back to one whole year after fighting Tabuu, when Robin and I sat on the roof together.

"Well... do you want to make another one?" I smiled, and so did he. He faced me and agreed.

"Okay," he started, "I promise that we will always be together, for as long as I shall live."

"...Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

There was a long pause as we both awed at our garden; It was our magical place. Wherever we came from, whether it be Ylisse or a different dimension entirely, this small garden was apart of my home.

"So," Robin started, sounding more perked up. "How's Roy~?"

"Shut up!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Could all Smashers report to the lobby immediately, newcomers are due shortly. Newcomers are due shortly." The microphone boomed with Master Hand's voice. I was surprised to hear that same announcement not long after Roy and the others' arrival. As instructed, Pit, Lucas and a few others along with myself, made our way to the new giant lobby.

We all stood around, curious as to who could be joining us in Smash. I for one was extremely curious. Since I wasn't exactly up to date with Nintendo News on earth, I had no idea who I was to expect. I honestly thought that there wouldn't be any more characters.

The room was hushed and everyone was silent. The doors to the entrance began to open wide, and through it stepped three figures. The first person I immediately noticed was the tall lady walking in.

She looked deadly, and had two guns. She appeared to be a very... lustful kind of person. Pit very quietly screamed and hugged me from behind. I patted his hand and laughed, whilst at the same time my eyes were being scarred.

Next was a boy who had a very strong Japanese sense to him. He had a huge sword, which was almost bigger than him, and spikey blond hair. There was metal armour in various places on his body, showing that he clearly meant business. He reminded me of Shulk in some ways.

The last person who walked in was one I didn't recognise. She had long white hair, strangely similar to mine. She wore armour that looked like it was somehow apart of her... or maybe it was just very skin-tight. She held a golden sword by her side that had a rough edge; like a chainsaw or some other power tool. She was barefoot, and also wore a blue cape.

Everyone was silent, utterly gobsmacked. No one spoke until Master Hand boomed in the microphone again.

"Welcome... Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin."

THE END.

~ ~ A/N ~ ~

I JUST WANNA THANK Psyko_S4mu5 for being the user who started the Iquissa x Roy ship. YOU ARE THE BESTEST IN THE WORLD.

on another note, that's it! Stay tuned for the last Iquissa book, Wolf song: The Prequel!