Day 19

Day 19: Write a scene that you would feel exhilarated to write.

I don't really know what that scene would be, so i'm picking an alternate prompt.

*Write a scene that that is told entirely in the form of a letter from one character to another.*

Dear Hailey,

God, I wish I didn't have to be writing this write now. But the thing is, it has to be done. We both know how dangerous my job is. We also know how happy I am to be serving for my country. Just know, that you couldn't have done anything to stop me. It was a decision that I made on my own. So, I know you enough to know that you're feeling guilty right about now. And you should know me enough that you know that isn't what I want for you.

I want you to know that I will always be there for you. I want you to know that I am watching over you as you read this. I know that you're crying and I wish that I could be there to wipe your tears away, but I'm not. You aren't going to see me for a long time. So, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I want you to move on.

I want you to find another man, or woman, hey I'm not going to judge ;) I want you to find a father for Emily and Jacob. How old is Jacob by the way? I mean, as I'm writing this he's just a little alien baby in your stomach. I really hope I can be there for his birth. If I wasn't, just know that I saw the whole thing. And it was beautiful, almost as beautiful as you.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I want you to find someone else to love. I know how you need someone there to hug you when you're having a bad day, or make you your favorite meal on your birthday. I won't be mad. In fact, it would make me very happy to see you enjoying yourself with another man. If you're happy, then I'm happy.

Give the kids a hug and tell them that daddy misses them and that I love them so so much. I love you, too. I've loved you ever since that first date where you ordered more food than I did. that was when I knew I was whipped. All the guys made fun of me for it, but let me tell you, it was worth it.

Just, be happy. 

                                                                                                                                        Love,

                                                                                                                                        Drew