Chapter 20 - Guys...I Think I'm in Love.

"Well..." She starts with a hesitant smile. "I may....or may not....have a tiny little, bing crush on...Hunter."

...

...

...

...

"Huh?"

She sighs. "I said...that I might have a ti-"

"Yeah, yeah, uhuh. Don't repeat that." I say to my dear Nikki.

A silent moment passed between us before she asks. "So...do you want to go eat?"

I sit there trying to let her words sink in. Wait for it....wait for it...

"You flipping what??!" I yell startling her.

"I want to eat? You know there is this great breakfast place-"

"Nicole-" I interrupt her."- You-you, him, wha-Nooooo waaaay." I say, looking at her wide-eyed.

She rolls her eyes."I don't see what the big deal is!"

"You have a boyfriend! And Hunter is a...is a psychopath!" There is no flipping way she can like Hunter, she is so happy with Nick!

The look she has on her face makes me quiet down as she stares at me with a blank look. "You threaten to pull people's limbs off, I'm pretty sure I can handle Hunter. He might be just misunderstood and needs someone to cuddle with."

My mouth opens and closes a few times before I find my voice. "But Nick! You have a boyfriend that is caring, funny, protective, older, and has a fluffy butt!"

She rolls her eyes at me once again. "I'm not saying I want to break up with Nick and marry Hunter. It's like a menu....you can look all you want just not order."

Her explanation makes me relax just slightly. "So you won't jump on Hunter?"

With an eyebrow raised in a mocking manner she asks me. "Do you want me to?"

I shake my head immediately. "Not its okay. I'm totally team Nicolos- what the hell would be your ship name with Nick? Your names are way to similar."

She smiles and looks up for a second. "We don't need a ship name. The ship has sailed years ago. Though Huncole sounds really nice..."

I look at her confused making her roll her eyes, AGAIN. 

"Wait for it....wait for it...wait for it..." She says.

My eyes widen once I get it.

Holy cow...Nicole and Hunter? No way. First of all, she has a boyfriend. Second of all, she barely even talked to Hunter. Lastly, she wasn't the one he chose as his special. I mean, he can't just change his special right? Isn't the whole point of the tradition is to stay with one pers-

Hold up. Why does it matter? It's doesn't matter. He is nuts, and a psychopath so it's OK that he possibly wants to replace me and take Nicole as his special. Right? That's totally cool-

'Not its not.' An obnoxious voice in my head says. 'You are bothered by it cause you know you are in luuuuvvve.'

Huh, you are really funny. I have known the dude for about a month and he definitely was not the nicest person around. I can't like him or love him.

'Yet. You might not be IN LOVE with him but there is a spark. You know...When you two lock your gaze and you get lost in his captivating eyes. Your lips just a few centimeters from colid-'

OKAY. We get it. You know? Now I know why you are called subconsciousness.

'Why?'

Because it's like obnoxious but longer.