Chapter 6: Don't Hide

Hey guys this chapter will be kind of up and down lol, let's see how this plays out shall we.
Comment what you think about it❤️. But JESUS 500 and 600 reads already Holy moly.
___________________________________

Chapter 6: Don't Hide

I know what Peeta did to my home and my family, but why would he do it? He wouldn't just do it for the hell of it.

I was still confused on everything lately. It's been a few days since my confession to end Peeta on the interview with Caesar.

Octavia and the others left me alone for awhile, they wanted me to "find my inner self" or whatever that means.

All the thoughts they put into my head were fading away. The images of Peeta persuading me to take the nightlock in the games to when he bombed the district in front of me seemed to be fading.

I didn't want them to think I was back to normal and needed more trackerjacker venom, I just stayed away and blend into the darkness.

They try with everything in their power to destroy the love I have for Peeta. It doesn't matter how hard they try I will love him forever.

Every night I have a dream about me and Peeta and how we survive the Quarter Quell and would go home and reunite with our friends and families. But every time I open my eyes I'm back in this prison cell that I call my room.

                              * 1 day later *

I guess they realized that they needed me again. Octavia and Flavia walked into my room. Lately I keep the lights off to show my mood.

How drained I feel without my family and my love Peeta. Octavia walks towards me and offers her hand to me,

"Don't hide from us" as she says in a creepy manner.

The way she said it gave me chills down my back. I didn't look up at her, I continued to sit in the corner. I continued to rock back and forth repeating to myself,

"I'm Katniss Everdeen, I'm seventeen years old. I am from District 12, which is now burned to the ground along with Prim and my mother... Peeta." I choke off a sob as I say Peeta's name.

Octavia reaches for my arm and pulls me up. Her and Flavia forces me to walk into this room where I see Johanna smiling widely at me.

Octavia and Flavia walk away and shut the door behind them, leaving me and Johanna by ourselves.

"It's good to see you again." Johanna says with a smirk on her face.

I walk towards her and took a seat next to her.

"Yeah, I'm actually surprised.... They left me alone for a while– I guess they really think I hate Peeta completely."

Giggles fall out of Johanna's mouth, "There not smart enough if they think a few needles can destroy love.... There hugely mistaking."

I look over at her and sigh for the first time I feel relief fall over me. I don't have to hide and run away from others, I could finally be myself.

I nod my head in agreement as I say,

"Love is weird."