Chapter 25: The Capitol & Assassination

Ignore spelling or grammar mistakes & graphic content towards the end.

We kept running, the adrenaline rapidly spreads through my body. We pant before making it towards the parking lot underground.

It was orange pattern walls with gray pillars surrounding every few inches. The peacekeepers spotted us before we had a chance to stop. Finnick pulls me before we kept running before yellow beams appeared.

Instantly killing a few members of our squad– Mess... I couldn't finish before I crossed over the vanishing beams and maintaining to keep up with Peeta and Gale. I hop onto the ground glancing behind me.

The floor was broken into pieces with the guns of our vanishing members. Just then the mutt came back.

"Kill Peeta!! KILL HIM NOW!" I cover my eyes closing my eyes tightly trying to hold onto reality. I tilt back and forth on my knees breathing in and out.

"It's not real, it's not real!!" I was grasped by Peeta.

"I'm a mutt, you have to go on leave me!!" I screamed. Peeta shakes him head before grabbing my face passionately kissing me. My eyes flutter shut, he pulls away staring me deeply in the eyes.

"Stay with me?"

"Always."

He pulls me up forgetting Gale was watching us quietly. We followed Cressida and Pollux back outside I whimper at the posters and props of our deceased squad before traveling to Tigress.

Peeta pulls a bow at her before she says she's with us. I fall into his side slightly relieved I can relax for once.

—————-HOF————

We all settled down in an abandoned building that was dusted in fire specks. Tigress handed out a warm glass of tea intrigued on why we were here.

Peeta decided to reverse his way into her mind making her reveal her story to why she's alone and forever in a tiger attire.

Peeta always had a way with words.

The day happened quickly before I knew it I was waking up to Peeta softly caressing my face.

"I love you, Katniss." I stayed still no sudden movements, I was scared. I was conflicted, was he telling the truth? Could this all be in my head like the mutt said.

I didn't want to confess my love for him before him leaving and going away to the Capitol.

I waited until he left before fake yawning and stretching, walking over to Peeta kissing him soundly gripping onto his arms melting into him.

"Please, come back to me." I glance into his eyes, beaming the love he has for me. I shyly tilt my head into his chest. I really cared for him, it felt as if we were in our own little world without a jealous Gale was is now warming up to Johanna.

He holds my face kissing me soundly, "I'll come back to you, we can start over... just to two of us. I need you in my life, forever." I nod before whispering "forever".

He backs up away from me before walking out the door with Gale, Finnick and Johanna. Once the door closed it lost it.

"He doesn't love you, he never will! HE'll DIE!" I covered my eyes whispering to myself.

"It's not real, not real." Cressida holds me close to her chest. Tigress remains startled but stayed put. Cressida soothing words helped. Pollux was still silent after his brothers death. We told him it would be better if he relax and remain calm.

I fell asleep, " I love you, Peeta."

——————————-

I was jolted awake, Johnna was over me smirking.

"Hey how did you get here so fast."

"Peeta- lover boy has succeeded! Snow is help captive in his own mind and tomorrow the final assassination will occur. With you being the archer..."

My eyes wavered, I wanted my revenge for all the things he had me go through. The pain and frustration of the unknown. The manipulation of my feelings for Peeta just to have them thrown in my face.

He deserved to die.

"Kill him, kill them all!"

Peeta never came back, Finnick and Gale returned before quoting Peeta would be back soon. He's filming his final propaganda. It was quick and airy, the room filled with celebration for the future death of Snow. I just wanted Peeta.

This was my time to tell him my feelings. I was lost in the mind of it all, he walks beside me before sitting next to me.

He toss his arm around my neck pulling me into his embrace. I instantly relax, snuggling into his warmth.

"I- don't know if this will be the same. After everything, right now I feel fine but what if I attack you again.. I don't want that to happen, I never wanted that to happen." I stopped.

"Katniss, you can't blame yourself for something you had no control over. Don't blame yourself please for me?"

"Peeta, I um— I really wanted to say this for a while but I lo-..." I was cut off by the appearance of Finnick.

"Guys we have to get ready for Snow's trail or should I say death." He smirks. I didn't understand it, Snow wasn't captive but he'll be proclaimed as a man of destruction. I needed to kill him.

I wanted this closure for my new chapter, with Peeta.

——————————-

Snow would be gathering an audience for his mockery of "our death" he still believed I was dead. He wish I would had been because I'm going to kill him before he can register me.

I didn't want to kill him instantly, I wanted to hit him where it hurts. It was all of us hidden in the buildings above. The peacekeepers were surrounding the area.

I kept Peeta with me to keep me sane when in doubt. I pushed through the crowd hidden undercover before reaching the front of him. His eyes showed shock, disbelief.

I growled before hearing the crowd goes silent after the applause of his entrance.

Peeta stayed close to me before letting me walk towards Snow.

"How nice! A wonderful getaway to celebrate my death and everyone else's. Little did you know this wonderful man who is President Snow killed majority of my squad just to get back at me. He doesn't love to lose, he's a winner. He destroyed everything I was! Hijacked me and tortured me until I was no more, until I was their puppet to stop the rebellion. He's afraid of me, oh he should be." I smirk before reaching for my arrow. The peacekeepers run towards me grabbing Peeta.

"Katniss, hurry!" Peeta yells in the distance. I dash towards Snow directing my arrow letting it fly. My last glance of imprisonment fleed once the arrow entered his throat, blood spurting out his neck onto his white suit. His mouth gargle, falling down into his puddle of blood.

Shouts and cries filled my ears, that was the last noise I heard until it all went black.

HEYY GUYS!! It's finally here, we have one more chapter before the story ends. Thank you guys for the amazing years working on this story. I'm in college now but I started this story in my sophomore year, we came so far.

Let me know what you guys think, love you all!!

Make sure to:

         VOTE & COMMENT

-Najae'