Chapter 26: Epilogue

Excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes!!

Epilogue

In the time of the moment everything hit the fan, the rebellion was ceased. The war between rebels and the Capital remained past us. Snow was gone and so was the games, to say I wasn't grateful would had been an understatement. The districts all reunited as one, breaking the borders between each other. We all grew together.

President Paylor was next in line to take Snow's place, I had faith she would keep the districts in good condition. My time was over.

Peeta and I slowly built our relationship, we started from the beginning. It discovered so many things about him and us that made me love him even more. I know we proclaimed our "love" for each other during Paylor speech but even then I was conflicted on whether I was still me, was he not a mutt.

Reliving our love was so refreshing, a new life, a new history in our district together.

No matter how hard we work through it, I always have the guilty mind of the killing of Mitchell in my head. I had Prim, Peeta, Haymitch and everyone else to help me get through it. Prim stayed remaining loyal to falling into her mother footsteps and becoming a doctor or nurse.

I adored my little duck, I admired her confident and lack of anger that I always will have. She even have a boyfriend now, Gale's little brother Rory. She was happy and in love, I couldn't blame her. He loves her as Peeta loves me.

Gale traveled to District 7 and stayed. He fell in love with Johanna after her repetitive advances. I never knew his reasons for loving me for so many years, Peeta would laugh and say he saw what he saw--a wonderful hardworking soul. Gale and I are somewhat best friends again, It's a bittersweet feeling that him and Peeta have a somewhat acquaintance relationship thanks to Finnick and Johanna.

Haymitch and Effie were on their honeymoon, living large in the Capital.

Finnick and Annie were expecting a baby boy.

Peeta and I were just happily in love, sometimes I would remember my hijacking or the horrible thoughts and sometimes lash at it or attempt to attach him. After some sessions, I'm able to deal with the flashbacks and hold onto an object until it passes. Peeta was still with me all the way, I loved him for it.

4 years later

Our children were running across the field, Peeta maintaining a steady pace behind them. Their adorable giggles fill my ears. It took awhile for me to give up and decide to have kids. Peeta was persistent just as I was. The first birth was unbearable, I never wanted to relive that painful pregnancy again. But once she opened her eyes, I was a goner. She became my guardian angel.

The second birth was less painful. Peeta was overjoyed with our son, a half image of his father.

After exhausting days like today, Peeta and I would lay together cuddled in bliss. After months of rebuilding our relationship we took the next step and began to share a bed and cuddle. It was a slow step but here we are with two amazing kids and a wonderful home.

His sleepy voice warms my body even after 4 years, "Do you love me, Real or Not Real?"

I turn my head slightly planting my lips onto his, I tell him "Real."

THE END.

We are finally here! I know it's short but it's bittersweet. Hijacked on Fire has been an amazing time and moment in my life. I'm so happy we are finished after 4-5 years of on and off writing. I love you guys and Happy  early Thanksgiving.

I'll be writing other stories so please check them out! I love you guys and thanks for supporting this story!

-naj