Chapter 8: Set me free

Helloooo it's me. I decided to add the love of our lives into this chapter. Yes yes you will find out soon. Thanks so much for 900 reads I am so close to 1k reads. And I wish you guy have a wonderful winter break and Christmas❤️.
____________________________________

Chapter 8: Set me free

I hear beeping noise around me, I open my eyes but they are burning. I feel movement on my bed and I look and see the movement is coming from Prim. I jump up and try to hug her,

"Prim— hey little duck I missed you so much."

She hesitates which hurts me —why would she hesitate?

"I know what you did to Peeta..."

"That mutt deserved it Prim he destroyed our district, he killed our mom Prim."

She puts her head down and says,

"I'll talk to you after this Katniss later, there's someone that wants to speak with you."

"Who?" I asked as I hear the door open.

I look to the door automatically, It's Finnick Odair.

He smiles as he inserts a sugar cube into his mouth, his dimples showing automatically. He walks towards my hospital bed.

"Hello Girl on Fire."

I smile at him, missing his jokes and him just being a supportive friend.

"Hello Finnick, how's Annie?"

"Oh you remember me, I thought since you are hijacked that you would be programmed to hate the rebels. But Annie and me are doing fine.. We're engaged."

I look up at him getting a clear look at his face. He was smiling widely at what he just said. He finally got engaged to the love of his life and I would witness the wedding.

I begin to feel jealous of Finnick and Annie, they could finally be together and be in love. While I'm now on a mission to kill Peeta.

"What do you mean I'm hijacked."

As soon as I said that Prim comes back with Haymitch and Plutarch. I see Effie give Haymitch a kiss on the cheek as she walk Johanna into another room.

Haymitch walks on the other side of my hospital bed, while Prim follows him and sits next to me. Plutarch finds a seat across my bed. Finnick just smiles at me still not answering my question.

"Katniss you are hijacked, remember when you were in your first games." Plutarch says as Prim holds my hand in hers, making me smile at her. My little Duck,

"Yeah— how could I forget, I have nightmares about the games till this day.

"Well the Capitol used the trackerjacker venom to torture you, remember when you were stung by the wasps."

The vision replays in my head as I reply. "Yes."

"Well they used the venom to make all the pain and suffering is resurrected towards Peeta. They programmed you to hate him— to destroy him."