20: "I'm So Sorry"

Again, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I had to rewrite this chapter due to how stupid the original one actually was. I was young, and not the best writer when I wrote it. I might re edit the other chapters I did in this story.

*Jacob*

  When those words came out of Rosie’s lips, my heart dropped. Samantha had gasped, and her grip on my arm tightened. She looked at me with those chocolate eyes, signaling that Rosie was lying. I figured it wasn’t true; it was a pretty stupid thing for her to say.

  Samantha got up, and brushed the sand of her dress. Her whole demeanor changed, as she crossed her arms and glared at Rosie. “Oh Rosie, if this is a pathetic way to get Jacob mad, it’s not working sweetie.” She shook her head, and took a step closer to Rosie. Both of their faces were inches were apart. Even though I couldn’t see Samantha, I could tell her face was intense by the way Rosie looked.

  I smirked. That’s my girl. I started debating whether I should get up from the sand, or just sit back and enjoy this show. If it’s starts getting serious, I’ll get up.

  Rosie’s breathes were deep, her chest heaving up and down. Looking around nervously, she probably was scrambling for something to say. She locked eye contact with Samantha, and gave a dry chuckle. “Oh I’m so sorry. I forgot you broke up with him before you came here”.

  I just sat there shocked, still trying to comprehend what Rosie just said. “What”?! I shouted, getting up in a quick second. I stood beside Samantha, reading her expression. She looked like she was about to cry. I looked back at Rosie, completely bewildered. And angry, more anger than anything.  

  Rosie laughed, “You didn’t tell him did you”? Her brown eyes look over at me. “Will and Samantha use to be together. But she broke up with him before coming out over here.” She spat, turning her gaze at Samantha now. “What did she tell you? Such a shame Samantha, you always end up hurting someone. I mean look what happened to your mom”.

  Before I was able to react what just happened, Samantha had punched Rosie. A bloodcurdling crunch was heard from Rosie nose and both girls ended up on the sand, with Samantha on top. Samantha repeated kept punching Rosie, screaming at the top of her lungs at her.

Her screams become loud sobs.

  I grabbed Samantha, and lifted her off of Rosie with ease. She kicked and screamed for me to let her go. Rosie laid on the sand, blood gushing out her nose. Bruises were forming on her face. Samantha was still kicking and screaming, making it very hard to concentrate on what to do. My anger reached a new level, and my blood boiled. “Stop”! I yelled, squeezing her waist with my forearm. I felt her cringed, and she stopped. The only noises she made now were her heavy breath, and her soft crying. My heart broke.  

  Footsteps echoed from behind me. I whipped my head and saw Embry running towards us. Relief had rushed through me, someone else to help me. “What the hell is this dude?” Embry exclaimed, taking in the scene.

  “No time to explain, just please take Rosie to get so help”. Embry nodded, and went to Rosie. I said my thanks, and shifted Samantha to where I was carrying her bridal style. She was quiet now, a dejected look on her beautiful face. I started to run, run from all the mess that I just witnessed.

  I stopped when we were deep in the forest. It was pitched black; the moon gave off some light. The light filtered through the tall trees. I looked down at Samantha; she looked around not wanting to make eye contact with me. I heaved a sigh, and set her down on her feet. Shrugging of my tux jacket and put around her bare shoulders. She looked up at me, and gave me a weak smile. Our eye contact was quickly broken by her; she stared down at her heels.

  I had gently grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me. I felt myself getting angry. “What the hell happened back there Samantha”? Samantha looked at me like I was crazy, her frown deepening. “She said something about my mom. What did you expect me to do?! Just stand there”?

  “I’m not talking about that, she deserved it anyways. I’m talking about what Rosie said about Will”. I crossed my arms; I had waited for an explanation. Samantha broke the eye contact again, and took a quivering breath. “We dated okay? I didn’t wanna tell you because I knew you would be like this. Nothing else is going on with us now Jacob, we’re friends”.

  I looked straight into her eyes. “What makes me angry is the fact that you lied to me. I was honest with you from the start. You told me he was your best friend. I had to hear it from Rosie, that he was your boyfriend”? Again, my blood began to boil, and I started to angrier by the seconds.

  Samantha left out a soft sob. “I’m so sorry Jacob.” I felt myself starting to shake; I knew I was going to end up phasing in front of her. I had to get away from her; I didn’t want her to get hurt. “Samantha, get away from me”. She looked confused and inched closer towards me. Her mouth open to say something, but I had interrupted her.  “Just go!” I growled, pushes her away from me. My eyes were closed, and my whole body was shaking now. I willed myself to calm down.

  I heard a whimper, and my eyes shot open. There laid Samantha; yards away from me, lying on the forest group. Oh my god, what have I done? I rushed over to her, and kneeled. “Samantha I’m so sorry. I-I-I didn’t mean to.” My voice cracked, and tears poured from my eyes, and slide down my cheeks.

“I’m so sorry”.