23: Emotions

Another update. I had meant to update sooner but I didn't like the chapter I wrote in Samantha's point of view. I find it easy to write in Jacob's. I'm sorry if it seems rushed at the end, I'm just stressed about school starting, and I found out one of my family members is in the hospital.

Picture on the side is beautiful Rosie.

Chapter 23.

*Jacob*

The sound of someone banging on my door woke me out of my deep slumber. Groaning, I ignored it and tried to fall back asleep. I heard some whispering outside of my room, and then my door had opened.

 “Jake”?

I grunted as a response. The weight at the end of my bed shifted as the person who disturbed my sleep sat down. I was running on only 4 hours of sleep, as I had stayed up most of the night talking to Samantha. Nerves then got the best of me, and had not let me sleep, instead made me toss and turn before I finally shut down. Today was the day of the bonfire, also the day it was decided that Samantha will be told about us being shape shifters. And I would tell her that she’s my imprint, and ask her to officially be my girlfriend.

Shoving my face more into my pillow, I hoped the mysterious stranger would get the hint that I was tired and leave. “It’s me, Bella. “I-I-I’m sorry to wake you up; this is the only way you would talk to me”

My eyes shot wide open.  “What do you want”? I growled, sitting up and throwing my blanket off. 

“To talk to you Jake, is that too much to ask? I miss you.” Bella eyed my body, frowning slightly. I glanced down to see that I only had a pair of boxers on. Damn it. I quickly pulled the blanket back on me.

“Please. Really, why are you here”? I narrowed my eyes at her skeptically. Not caring anymore that I was half naked in front of her, I jumped off my bed and looked for some pants. Bella looked down at her blue worn converse, chewing on her fingernail. Typical Bella. Slipping into some cargo shorts, I sat back on my bed, making sure there was space between Bella and I. My eyes scanned the pale girl, observing her. She looked the same the last time I saw her, her dark brown hair shorter. Her big brown eyes that I use to think were beautiful, were now ordinary brown eyes. Honestly, after imprinting I no longer see the beauty I use to see in Bella, I just saw a regular girl.

Bella bit her lip, and shoved her hands into her maroon jacket pockets. Again typical Bella, her attire was usually just old jeans, jackets, tee-shirts, and sneakers, seeming as she lacked an interest in fashion. Complete opposite of Samantha, who wears short dresses, skirts, lace, sandals, and other girly stuff.

Bella let out a sighed, and looked into my eyes. “Something’s happening Jake, it’s not good.” Bella mumbled breaking eye contact to stare down at her shoes again. “There have been these strange killings in Seattle. Edwards says it’s nothing, but I’m just worried.”

The sound of Edwards name made me growl in anger. “Well if he’s says it’s nothing, then it’s probably nothing Bella”. I spat over at here, getting angrier that she woke me up to tell me something that’s irrelevant to me.

“You don’t get it Jacob, what if it has something to do with Victoria?” Bella snapped, glaring over at me. My jaw locked in place, Bella knew damn well how I felt about Victoria.

“I know she’s has that girl’s scent too. I might be far off but you never know. Why would she suddenly just leave”? Bella waited for me to answer. “Samantha. My imprint’s name is Samantha.” I angrily corrected her. Bella slightly cringed at the mention of the word imprint. “Besides, what makes you think I could do anything about it?” I ranted on, ignoring the cringe.