32: Listen

♥Samantha♥

The cold harsh wind blew in my face as I stood at the edge of the mountain that we all camped at. My eyes darted around the forest; the view was spectacular. The sky was a beautiful dusk, the pink and orange colors more vibrant than usual. The sun was slowly setting. Snow began to start falling from the sky, landing on the tops of trees. For a moment, I closed my eyes and took in the tranquil scenery. I let everything else go. For a few seconds, everything was okay.

The crunching sound from the twigs and leaves on the ground brought me back to reality. I continued to stare out as I felt warmth next to me. My gazed became fixated at the most beautiful person, Jacob. Jacob gave me a small smile as he grabbed my hand. "Nice view isn't it"?

I nodded. For a few minutes, the only sounds were our breathing, animal noises, the trees blowing in the wind, and the crickets chirping. Jacob broke the silence and pulled on my arm. "We should get some rest for tomorrow."

Jacob began to pull me towards the campsite. "Wait". Jacob stopped and stared back with his eyebrows burrowed. I turned back around to the view. "Why did you carry Bella?" I asked him without making any eye contact. Jacob let out a deep sigh. "I didn't carry her out of malice intentions. I just wanted to talk to her".

I continued to stare out at the view. Jacob carrying Bella hurt me, but more importantly it made me afraid. Afraid that there's some part of Jacob holding on to Bella. "Samantha, please...look at me".

I looked over at him. Jacob's face was full of remorse. His features seemed to age these past couple of weeks. The preparing, practicing, and worrying took a toll on him. The bags under his eyes deepened. Acne began to pop up on his face, blotches of tiny red bumps covering his cheeks and forehead. His beautiful brown eyes didn't gleam as much as usual. I frowned at his appearance.

"I wanted to tell Bella thank you. Thank her for warning the pack about Victoria and the newborns. Thank her for giving us information about the newborns and helping us to stop them. I wanted to thank her for taking you along on this trip. Having you here is terrifying but also calming. Like, I'm so anxious and nervous and scared for you being here, I-I-I don't want you to get hurt. But it's also like you calm that anxiety down. Seeing your face just makes me feel okay."

I stared as Jacob stopped his ramble. Taking a few steps over to him, I began caressing his face. Jacob's eyes shut and he started to ramble again. "I told Bella that Edward doesn't deserve her. That she deserves someone who can give her life. Who has warmth and blood running through their veins. Who can cry when she walks down the aisle. Someone that can give her children. I just want Bella to live."

I let my hand fall to my side. Jacob opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me into his chest. "Samantha, don't worry about Bella. You are my weakness. You are the one I'm so in love with. I want to spend my life with you. I want you to be happy."

I lifted my head. "Jacob I am happy. You make me so happy. I don't know what I would do without you." Jacob smiled and put my hand over his heart. "You feel that rapid thud? This is what you do to me. I'm here and I will always be here."

Jacob pulled me into a kiss. This kiss was different from the rest. This kiss was almost desperate, a need. The kiss was full of passion. My arms wrapped around his neck; his around my waist. Our noses bumped together as the kiss got rougher. We crashed our lips together. Jacob began to touch my body. I let out a soft moan at his warm touch. I broke the kiss and pecked his jaw line and down to his neck. I began to suck and kiss his neck, grazing my teeth over his skin. He groaned out as he pulled my hair, which made me let out a louder moan. I pulled back to regain my breath. We stood there, our chest heaving up and down, smiling like idiots at each other. Both of us were too into the heated moment that we didn't realize it was snowing harder.