30: You

Hi everyone. Just a quick update before getting to the end of the story. Enjoy ♥ And thanks for all the votes, reads and comments y'all leave. It really does mean alot.

Chapter 30

*Jacob*

The pack split after training with the Cullens, most of them just went home. I rushed through the forest, my paws thumping against the ground, and skidded to a stop as Paul’s house came into view. I could smell the scents of Kim and some other girls who lived here, with a faint smell of someone I wasn’t so fond of. I bared my teeth and let out a small growl, quickly phasing to demand an explanation from Samantha. After slipping on my black cargo shorts, I made my way to the house.

The door soon opened after I knocked and revealed Lena, a shy girl who I never really talked to on the reservation. “Hey Lena” I greeted her and she quickly looked down and gave me a small smile. “Hi Jacob”, she greeted meekly as she moved so I could come in.

Samantha was on the floor with her back facing me as another girl sat behind her and braided her hair. Kim lounged on the couch as she was focused on her phone. Their heads whipped in my direction as I walked in. Samantha’s face lit up and she gave me her beautiful smile. I recognized the girl braiding her hair was Malia, who gave me a small wave and continued to finish Samantha’s hair.

“Jacob”. Samantha called, running up to me and embracing me. My arms wrapped around her and I kissed her forehead. Kim gagging made us pull away as Samantha gave her a glare. Kim chuckled as she got up, and gave Samantha a hug. “We have to go” Kim smirked, her eyes full of mischief. “Hi there Jacob” Kim greeted me, still smirking. I frowned out of confusion but nonetheless said hi back. After the other girls said their goodbyes, it was just Samantha and I.

“What was that all about”? I questioned the weird behavior, as Samantha pulled me onto the couch. She cuddled up next to me, looking up at me with her brown eyes. “I told them that I wanted to be with you alone whenever you came back and you know how they get, especially Kim”.

Letting out a chuckle, I shook my head and caressed the side of my imprint’s face. “Where did Paul go”? “I think with Rosie”, I answered and pecked her lips quickly so she wouldn’t get mad. “The braid looks nice” I commented, trying to change the subject, as I observed the braid. “Malia did a really good job”, Samantha’s started touching the long braid. Deciding it was a good time to bring up the subject, I asked Samantha the question that has been burning in the back of my mind. “Why did I smell Will’s scent here”?

Samantha’s lips made a straight line as she painfully shut her eyes. “Nothing happened like last time if that’s what you’re wondering. He just needed to tell me something. I don’t wanna talk about it”. It wasn’t a great idea to keep pushing her to tell me, so I decided to drop it.

“Take me to the beach”, Samantha demanded, breaking the silence that came between us. I frowned slightly as I stared out the window. “Now? It’s getting kinda late”. The sun was starting to set. Samantha grabbed my hand and nodded eagerly.  “Come on, it’d be fun”. After hesitating for a moment I finally gave in and we headed for the beach.   

We parked Samantha’s car and then started walking along the beach shore hand in hand. The sun casted an orange glow all around, making the scenery beautiful. “I’m glad we came, it’s so nice out”. The slight breeze made strands of her dark hair blow in her face as her gorgeous eyes took in everything. “It really is. I wanted to go on a date with you, before...you know.” Her voice trailed off as her eyes wandered to the sand.

My jaw locked in place as I let out a deep sigh. Leading her over an area on the beach where most people weren’t at, we sat on the sand. Samantha was content on sitting on my lap as we talked and laughed and ignored what was going to happen the day after tomorrow. Nothing else mattered in that moment, besides us.

“I’m worried Jacob”, Samantha admits staring straight into my eyes. “You know everything will be fine”. Samantha turned her head and stared out into the ocean. “You don’t know that Jacob. I don’t want any of you getting hurt. I don’t know what I would do without any of you. I don’t know what I would do without you.

“We can handle it Samantha, I promise you that. We are protectors, and my number one priority is making sure your safe. I swear if anything ever happened to you, I don’t even know what I would do. My life would be over”.

A seagull flew over us, its loud cry piercing the air. Samantha’s eyes followed it until it was no longer in view and then made eye contact with me. “I’m so in love with you Samantha”. I finally told her I was in love with her. This moment, it was the perfect moment. Her eyes widen and she gave me a huge smile.

“I love you too”.