Chapter 2: Welcome Visit

How did I get into this mess?

Questions circle you in a constant pattern, making you dizzy, and wanting to break down. You feel the pressure on your left leg intensify, and you squint in pain. You take a deep, calming breath, and continue after the guard, Garroth.

He says nothing to you, and seems to be trying his best not to look at you.

"Uh, hi." You say, walking up to him.

"Oh! Uh, hello! I'm Garroth!" He says in a hurry.

"What's the rush?" You ask. He turns red, and looks away for a moment.

"Er, it's my cat allergy!" He mumbles.

"But there aren't any cats here?..." You say.

"You have nice eyes." Garroth blurts.

"What?" You ask.

"Never mind." He says, and continues to walk, not acknowledging you. That was odd. Eventually you come upon some cute, small houses. Garroth leaves you there.

"Um, bye." He says quietly.

"Bye." You say, and smile. The moment he leaves, you collapse onto the couch provided by the village. Limping is harder than most people think. You sit back, and think about what happened to put you in is position. Why do you hurt all over, and why are some of your limbs broken. Is there even a reason? Was it just fate?

You shake your head to clear it, and close your eyes. Maybe after a nap, things will seem clear.

***

You wake to the sound of knocking, someone's at your door. You get up, wincing at sore muscles and broken bones, and limp to the door.

"Hello?" You say, peeking out. You then notice Aphmau, Garroth, and a couple other villagers and guards. Garroth doesn't look you in the eye.

"Hey, Y/N! We just wanted to pay you a welcome visit, and introduce you to my guards." She smiles.

"Okay." You say.

"Alright, you already know Garroth and I. These are Laurance, Dante and Aaron." She gestures at a brown haired guard, a blue haired one, and one with a mask.

"Aaron isn't a guard I guess, I'm just not sure what to call him."

"A loner." Aaron says.

"Okay, he's a loner." Aphmau smiles. The guards Laurance and Dante smile at you.

"Hey cutie." Says Laurance, causing massive eye-rolls from everyone. Dante just smiles at you, while Garroth stares off into space. Aphmau seems to be the only normal one around here. Even Aaron fidgets, like he wants to be somewhere else.

"I brought a present for you." Says Aphmau, and she reveals a dark green shirt, with a brown jacket, and pants of the same colour. "I wasn't sure what colours you like."

"It's really nice, thanks!" You say warmly. You accidentally put too much pressure on your leg, and it nearly collapses.

"You okay?" Aphmau asks.

"Fine." You say.

"Maybe for now, we can put you in the guest bedroom in my house. Just until you've healed a little bit."

You agree, but you're a little sad to leave the house you had only just claimed. Oh well.