Chapter 4: O'Khasis

Oh-no.

You wake up to huge stone walls, and another giant room, this time feeling like a prison. You remember it all. You flinch as you remember your fingers, so look look down to them, and realize they have a cast on each of them. The same with your leg.

At least they've taken care of you here. Then you remember the reason why you fought. The Soul Stone. Where is it? You start, and get up out of the bed, and limp towards the door. Locked, of course. This is O'Khasis, after all. You start to get angry, why did they need you? And why didn't Aphmau and her guards save you?

All of a sudden, the door creaks open, and Zane walks in.

"Don't come any closer. I can hurt you!" The threat sounds feeble coming out of your mouth.

"I won't hurt you." Zane says, and you quickly become confused.

"You already did."

"It was the only way I could get the Soul Stone."

"You could have asked me nicely, and told me your intentions!"

"Uh..."

You smirk, now you've got Zane confused.

"I didn't actually want to hurt you."

"Sorry, but I don't believe you." You say, while inside, your brain is working to the max to figure out what's going on.

"Really, Y/N?"

"How do you know my name?" You ask.

"I just do."

"You were spying!" You exclaim.

"Maybe, maybe not." Zane says.

"Would you just talk normally!?" You yell.

"Fine. I needed that Soul Stone, it would benefit everyone."

"And how would that be?"

"I can't tell you until I know you better than this. After all, I just knocked you out."

"You seem determined to make me hate you and like you at the exact same time."

"I am."

"Would you just go away?"

"No."

"Do you have a mute button?" You ask.

"Of course not."

"Just get out!" You scream.

"Wow, temper. You need to get that under control."

"Please leave." You say, and turn away from him, and cover your ears.

"Okay, but I'll be coming back later."

"In your dreams." You mutter. He might be the most annoying person you've ever met. Even weirder than Garroth. In fact, the two of them put together might make you explode. You lay on your bed, wondering why he wants to talk to you. You also try to evict some thoughts, that are a little weird.

Does he like you? No, you shake your head, and bang it against the wall to try and get that one out. No, no, no, no, no. You hate him, and that's that. But do you really? Somewhere inside you, a part of your brain is trying to tell you that... Never mind.

Suddenly, your thoughts are also full of Laurance, Garroth, Dante and Aaron. Do any of them like you? Why does your brain have to think like this? You stare out the window, watching the ocean, and the villagers go about their lives. You watch as guards arrest citizens for no apparent reason. Is this how Zane runs his kingdom?