Chapter 8: Plaza Party

You finish up getting dressed, and look out the window. The last of daylight just faded into a magnificent sunset. Cadenza was kind enough to provide clothes for everyone, and she created one for you as well. It was your favourite colour, with tiny gems implanted in patterns along the end. You don't usually wear dresses, so this was a new experience for you.

"Y/N?" You hear a knock on the door. "Time to go."

You walk slowly towards the door. What if you look stupid to everyone else? You open the door, bracing yourself for scathing comments, but it's only Aphmau.

"Wow, you look amazing!" She exclaims. Her dress looks like it's made of light purple flower petals, and she wears a headband of purple flowers as well.

"You too!" You smile, and hug her. You feel her hesitate before hugging you, as, of course, you only just met, but she hugs back. "Cadenza did a great job!"

"She always does." Aphmau says, and starts walking in the direction of the plaza. The sunset is nearly finished, and you want to see it from the plaza, so you quickly start walking after her, tripping over your dress every couple steps.

***

The fairy lights twinkle as the sun finally disappears behind the horizon, and you sit at a table, chatting with Laurance, Garroth, Dante and Aaron.

"You look beautiful, Y/N!" Laurance says.

"Thanks." You try to hide your blush by not looking at him.

"Not that you ever haven't." Laurance continues, with a smirk on his face.

"You just met me!" You exclaim, and slap him.

"Ow." He whines, still smiling.

"Enough of this, why exactly did you plan this party?" Aaron suddenly says.

"Well, uh, I just got back, and everyone seemed so... Unhappy." You say hesitantly, wondering why Aaron had interrupted the conversation.

"Hmm." He says.

"Oh, come on Aaron, stop being a party pooper." Says Dante. Aaron doesn't answer, and looks off into the distance again.

"Um, what should we do now?" You ask.

"We could play some games?" Says Garroth.

"What kind?" You didn't know what kind of games could be played here.

"I don't know, it was a suggestion." Garroth says, not meeting your eyes.

"We could play a game to see how well we know each other?" Laurance suggests. "If you guess correctly, you get a point."

"Sounds cool." You agree.

... BUT THAT WILL BE A STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME.

Sorry for leaving you guys on that, but I've got things to do. Updates have become harder after school started again.

Question: Which one of the MCD boys do you like the most? Leave your answer in the comments!

(BUT NOBODY TOUCH MA LAURANCE~SENPAI)