Chapter 3: Zane

Wow, being a lord really pays off. The room Aphmau gave you was huge. She had recently renovated her basement, adding two extra rooms. Now, your room has a huge window that looks out into the village, poking out the mountain. The bed takes up nearly half the room, attached to the window. A giant dresser stands in one corner, and some beautiful paintings on the other.

For some reason, you know this is the most luxurious place you've ever owned, or at least borrowed. You turn in a full circle, trying to take everything in, while Aphmau smiles at your amazement.

"You like it?" She asks

"I absolutely love it! Thank you so much Aphmau!"

You gaze out the window, and notice something odd.

"Do you see that?" You ask. A guy was hiding behind a tree near a couple homes. Aphmau comes over, and you point at what you're looking at.

"Zane!" She exclaims. "Garroth! Laurance! Dante! I need you to see something!"

The three guards rush down the stairs, and quickly point their weapons at you.

"What the.. I haven't done anything!" You say to them.

"Guys, no. Out the window." Aphmau says gesturing out the window. The guards all apologize, Garroth turning red, again when it was his turn, and then stare out the window.

"What is it?" Asks Dante.

"Look." Says Aphmau. "Behind those houses!"

"Oh-no..." Stutters Garroth.

"Zane! How did he get here?" Shouts Laurance.

"This is bad." Mutters Dante, pacing. "We need to get him out of here."

"I agree. Follow me." Says Aphmau, but when you turn to follow, she shakes her head. "I'm sorry, but you have to stay here. Zane's dangerous."

You nod, grumbling. You know you've already faced dangerous things, the injuries prove it. But Aphmau does have a point. You lay back into the bed, your heart jumping for a moment, the bed's so soft, you sunk a couple inches right into it!

For a couple hours, you look out the window, play little games, and become incredibly bored. Zane moved, you saw him. He as heading towards Aphmau's house before seeing the guards. He then ducked into a bush, and you haven't seen him since.

You sigh as the third hour passes with nothing to do. You get up, wobbling for moment before finding your balance. You check inside the drawers of your dresser. All the normal things, like hairbrushes, and other things that don't interest you at the moment. Inside the bottom drawer, you find a Soul Stone.

"Oh, wow." You gasp, and turn it around, examining it from all sides. It has something in it. You place the stone into your pocket, and turn back to the window. Your eyes widen, Zane's here again, and he's running towards the house! You duck, so he can't see you through the window.

You hear glass shatter, and Zane walks into the room. He looks around for a moment, before rummaging through the room, opening everything, while you cover under the bed. After a couple minutes of this, you get out.

"What do you thing you're doing!?" You shout, and Zane jumps, he though he was alone.

"Looking for something, of course." He smirks at you.

"This?" You lift up the Soul Stone. Zane begins to glare at you, making you uncomfortable.

"Yes. Now give it to me." He holds out his hand, and you shake your head. "Right now!"

"No. I won't!" You slap him across the face.

"Yes, you will!" He punches you, and you gasp, but still hold onto the stone. There's something in this Soul Stone that Zane wants, and he'll do anything to get it.

You knee him in the stomach, and begin screaming your head off, trying to signal Aphmau, Laurance and Garroth. Zane grabs you, and punches you in the neck, and your screams halt suddenly. He then grabs your sprained fingers, and pulls them backwards, and you screech from the unbearable pain. He does it for a moment longer, which makes you pass out. Just as you fall over, you see Aphmau and the guards standing at the door, horrified.