Chapter 5: Fight In The Caves

You jerk out of a nightmare, and look around your blank, plain room, once again. How long have you been here? You walk over to the doors, like every single morning you've been here, to test if they're locked, and for the first time, they aren't. You take a tentative step outside, and look around. Giant hallways surround you in every direction.

Zane isn't anywhere you can see, so you take the hallway right in front of you. You realize you weren't actually in a dungeon, you were in a room. Now, you're incredibly confused.

"I see you found your way out." Zane's voice makes you jump.

"I'm not that dumb." You shoot back.

"I wasn't trying to make it sound like that." Zane said. Okay, your brain is now exploding. Why was he being nice to you?

"Just let me go." You say.

"Why would I do that? This seems like the start of such an amazing friendship."

"I'd never be your friend. All you are is a heartless monster."

"Heartless? Then why would I even want to be your friend?"

"Money, power... Should I go on?" You say.

"And what money and power do you have, hmm?" Zane asks.

"I..."

"Exactly." Zane says. "We could be friends. I wouldn't make you turn evil or-"

That's when an an explosion went off, and a giant hole in the castle wall appeared. Not something you see everyday. You screamed, and ducked, as bricks and glass went flying everywhere.

"Guards!" Yelled Zane, and then grabbed your arm and tried to pull you away from the explosion.

"Get off!" You screech, and punch him in the nose, and he flinches away, and you start running. To your surprise, Aaron stands in the hole that the explosion made.

"Come on, we don't have much time." He says, and the two of you take off running.

"Get back here!" Zane's voice yells in the distance, and then you hear horses. They're coming after you. Even if they don't catch you, the two of you are bound to accidentally lead them to a place where you'll be cornered.

"Aaron! Over here!" You yell, and duck to the side into a cave system. Aaron follows, and after that you hear the galloping stop abruptly. The cave's too small for horses. The riders get off the horses, and continue chasing.

Aaron, while running, gestures to a very small and dark cave to the side. You nod, and gesture to one a little further on the left. Time to split up.

You dodge an arrow, and drop to the ground, and crawl into the cave. Aaron does the same.

"Come out!" You hear the commanding voice of a head guard. "We have you surrounded!"

Like we're gonna do that.

You crawl deeper into the cave, and find a small pool of lava, and then hear the crashing of armour, as large guards try to follow you. You guess they must be trying to do the same to Aaron, but his was larger, so that means guards could get through...

You hear a guard forcing his way through the gap, and coming for you. Then you decide on lava. As quickly as possible, and stand on the edge of the small lava pool, and blocking the lava from the sight of the guard. He rushes for you, and then you step out of the way.

And then at the last second, he steps back.

"Nice try." He smirks, and runs towards you again.

And then you kill him. With what, you don't know, because all you did was hold up your hand. He now lies on the floor, blood everywhere. You run over to the lava, and vomit form the sight. You fell all dizzy, until you remember Aaron.