Chapter 6: Escape

You run out of the hidden part of the cave, and emerge into the main path. Down the tunnel Aaron went through, you can hear the clashing of swords. You duck under the tunnel, and follow it, as fast as you can. You come into another side cave, this one huge and dark, and just make out Aaron defending himself from two guards.

Magical powers? If you actually exist, this might be the perfect time to help.

Nothing happens. You sneak over to the body of a fallen guard, and quietly take his sword, and since it's s dark, nobody saw you. You whip around to join the battle, but see Aaron, who dropped his sword, being cornered against a wall. Time for action.

You stealthily walk over to a guard, and quietly grab his dagger, while tiptoeing away.

"Aaron!" You call, and throw the dagger at him, and then, you come up behind one of the guards, and stab him through the back of his armour. Aaron and the other guard are now locked in combat, and you rush over, but the guard grabs oh by the collar of your shirt before you can do anything. He then presses the knife against your throat.

"Come back to O'Khasis, or I'll kill her." The guard says, with a menacing smile.

"Aaron! It's fine, don't go." You whisper.

Aaron seems to be very conflicted. His mask conceals his true emotions, but you can he's thinking about it.

"Ten, nine, eight..." The guard starts counting down, pressing the knife harder against you with each number.

"Aaron! Run!" You screech, and stomp backwards, hitting the guard's foot, who drops you. You then kick him, well, you know where, and run.

"Nice one!" Aaron says while running.

"Thanks." You say, and as you reach the exit of the cave, you realize the two of you have a big problem. O'Khasis guards stand at the exit, holding weapons, and waiting for you, and they whisper excitedly among themselves as the two of you approach.

"Not happening." You mumble, and dodge to the side into another side passage.

"Where are we going?" Asks Aaron.

"Not sure. We have to find another exit." You concentrate. You see three passages leading off this cave, so you choose the one on the right. Bright sunlight greets you at the end.

"Yes!" You say, and sprint faster, pushing yourself, until you reach the end, where you collapse, but get back il immediately, remembering where you are. Aaron nods to you, and the two of you continue running, until you come upon a tiny boat hidden behind a tree.

"Who's is this?" You ask, as Aaron boards it.

"Mine. How did you think I got here?" Aaron says. "Hop on, I know it's small, but don't usually have passengers."

"Thanks for saving me Aaron." You say smiling, but Aaron doesn't say anything.

The little tiny bit of blush on his cheeks though, speaks more than words anyways.