Barely A Mother - Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

.:Jody:.

“I think you better come inside.” She said while stepping to the side to let me in. Oh dear, this is going to be awkward to explain. It’s Andrews’s mother for goodness sake!

I went through and sat down in the very large living room. Have I said yet that Andrew was hot and rich?

Silence filled the room for a few minutes.

“I think you better explain.” She said to me.

“Umm well… I’m sorry but is Andrew here I really need to talk to him.” Trying to change the subject, this is not something I want to tell her.

“Yes he’s here but you need to explain to me first why you’re here.” God can’t she leave me alone!

“I’m pregnant and it’s Andrew’s! There happy now!” I snapped at her.

A floor board squeaked from the hallway. I quickly turned round and saw standing there was Andrew. His face was full of confusion!

“A…Andrew” I stuttered out, he was still as beautiful as I remembered and it was making it hard to think.

Finally Andrew’s mother decided we needed privacy and left the room. It was just me and him now.

I was the first to break the silence “S…So how have you been.”

Nothing.

“Hello, Andrew you there?” I said whilst waving a hand in front of his face. That seemed to break him out of the trance he was in.

“Huh oh yeah I’ve been well. J…Jody what did you just tell my mum?” I better just tell him straight.

“Okay Andrew, I’m going to tell you something big so please don’t freak out” I paused to see if he understood and carried on “I’m pregnant and the baby is yours.”

.:Andrew:.

Crap!

 .:Jody:.

I think he didn’t take it that well; he’s just staring straight at me with wide eyes.

You have no idea how much I want to kiss that gorgeous face of his again!

“I know it’s a shock but please talk to me!” I’m pretty much begging now, it’s been five minutes and he still hasn’t said anything.

There was a bang, I think coming from the kitchen. Andrews’s mother probably dropped a pan or something. The bang got Andrew out of this trance. His face then turned to anger but with a hint of confusion in his eyes.