Barely A Mother - Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

.:Jody:.

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. It’s been a busy weekend why can’t I sleep in longer?!

I sat in bed with the sound of the alarm clock beeping in the background; it really was a manic weekend! I found out I was pregnant, told my parents and they were disappointed with me, told the father and he didn’t believe me, and I nearly fell down the stairs. I would of rather of had the dullest weekend ever instead of what actually happened.

A loud knock on my door made me jump. I knew it was my brother because he only does that when I wake him up, I guess he was planning on missing homeroom again.

I threw off my covers and turned off my alarm to find a note with my name on it. When did that get there?

I opened it and read it, it was from my brother.

Jody,

I spoke to Andrew, I know you didn’t want me to go over there but I had to. It’s good I did because he got to get things off his chest. Anyway this note is to tell you that Andrew is coming round after school tomorrow to talk properly to you. Be nice he’s really sorry for what he did and he’s scared but don’t let him know that I told you that :) I’ll see you tomorrow sometime, not sure what I’m doing.

David

Ugh why did he go over there when I told him not to, why doesn’t he ever listen to me! Hang on a minute d-did he say Andrew was coming over tonight. Crap! I don’t want to face him not now and maybe not ever, he hurt me bad and I really want to get over him but I can’t do that if I keep on seeing him.

‘Be nice’ … be nice! Did my brother write that? Why should I be nice to him, it’s his entire fault! Wait Jody stop that, you’re to blame as well, if you didn’t stop him then we wouldn’t have been in this mess. It’s both our faults.

I could hear that someone was in the shower so I decided to choose what I’m going to wear today. Looking through my closet I found my light blue skinny jeans that compliment my figure and a cute pale pink floaty top to go with. I also picked out a black cardigan and a pair of red high heels that I love.

Still waiting, I looked at my jewellery until I heard my brother say the bathroom was free. It was coming up to seven so I needed to hurry up as school starts at eight. I collected my clothes and headed to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and it was heating up quickly so I stripped down and stepped into the shower.

Like always it was nice and refreshing. I washed my hair and stayed in the shower for about twenty minutes. Once I got out I towel dried my hair so it wouldn’t drip on my clothes and got dressed. I left the bathroom after brushing my teeth and went into my bedroom to blow dry and put a few curls in my hair.

I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:40am so I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a piece of toast that had been placed for me and left the house to walk the 10 minute journey to school.

 At School