Barely A Mother - Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

.:Jody:.

Five days later

It’s a Saturday night now and I’m getting myself ready for a date with Andrew.

On Wednesday I found a not in my locker from Andrew. It was really sweet of him, what he wrote made my day completely.

Jody,

I hope you’re ready because Saturday I’m going to take you out on a date. I promise I’ll try and make it as romantic as possible; all I need is for you to say yes.

I love you beautiful, can’t wait to take you out on our first date!

Andrew x

When I finished reading it, it made me smile. I quickly got a piece of paper and wrote ‘Of course I will x’ and stuck it through his locker when I went past it. I was trying to be all ninja like by quickly slipping it in but you know me, nothing is as simple as that. It had to get stuck and so I had to try and shove it in. While I was shoving it in his locker, two arms wrapped around my wait and a kiss was planted on my neck.

Let’s just say he didn’t need to read the note.

So here I am trying to find the perfect outfit to wear for our date. Andrew is picking me up at seven and it’s now half six, I’m nowhere near ready and I’m panicking… not a good combination.

“Jody dear, are you alright? I heard you scream.” My mother said through the door. Yes I screamed out of frustration.

“Yeah mum, come in.”

She came in and saw the mess my room was in. Clothes were chucked everywhere, so were shoes and even pillows and I was sat on my bed in my dressing gown.

“Now, I see your having a clothing crisis.” I just nodded, still trying to work out what I should wear, in my head.

My mum walked over to a few bits of clothing, picking them up and then putting them back down again.

“How about that green knee length, floaty dress and your leather jacket with black dolly shoes?” She suggested. I stared at her in shock before I jumped up and hugged her.

Thank you! That’s perfect!”

She laughed at how I was acting. She told me to get ready and then left the room. I jumped around before I realised that I only had fifteen minutes until Andrew was going to pick me up.

I carefully slipped on the green dress, and then failed at trying to do up the zip. I opened my door to find my mother standing on the other side. She gestured for me to turn around and zipped me up.

“Thank you.” I whispered slightly embarrassed that she knew that I wouldn’t have been able to do it by myself. My mum nodded her head and went downstairs.