Barely A Mother - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

.:Andrew:.

I woke up to find Jody’s feet on my chest and her head hanging off of the blow-up bed. I sat up slightly and rearranged her body. Wow that must have been uncomfortable!

I noticed everyone wasn’t in the living room so I decided to go find them; I stroked Jody’s beautiful face and went to leave. Before I could even take my hand away from her soft cheek, Jody clung onto my arm. I was almost certain that she wasn’t awake and that made it even cuter than it already was. I took hold of a pillow, kissed her forehead and quickly switched my arm for a pillow.

I left the room quietly and headed to the kitchen.

“Hey guys, what’s for breakfast?” I said entering the kitchen, making the girls jump which made me chuckle.

“Shhh, I’ve still got a headache.” Groaned Dawn, maybe she shouldn’t have drunk so much last night. That’ll teach her a lesson!

“Are you sure you don’t want lunch, its closer to that time.” David said to me being a bit sarcastic. I glanced at the clock, wow its 11.35. I don’t think I’ve had a lay in like that in ages.

“Breakfast please.” I said emphasising on the please slightly and taking a seat at the breakfast bar. “Why didn’t you wake us up?”

“We didn’t want to ruin the beautiful moment you and Jody were having together. You two looked super sweet! I even got a picture.” Grace squealed, which made Dawn groan again, and showed me a picture of us two snuggled up with Jody’s head on my chest and my arms wrapped round her. I have to admit it did look cute, but as it was on Michael’s phone there was no way I was letting him keep it.

As I have known Michael and Sean for years, I know they will print it off and put photocopies of it up around school and I did not want that! I reached out trying to grab the phone but Grace shot her arm back so it was out of my reach.

“No way are you deleting it Andrew!” Sean said laughing along with Michael and David. I can see blackmail coming from this lot in the future.

An hour past and I was still chatting with the others when I heard Jody shout ‘Noo’. I got up and rushed to the living room. She had her head in her hands when I came in, she looked up when she realised someone was in the room.

“It wasn’t a dream was it?”

.:Jody:.

I fluttered my eyes open. Ugh what time is it, I thought to myself whilst reaching for my phone to check the time. It was 12.50! Wow, I must have been tired.

I sat up and looked round the room. I wonder where everyone is. That’s when it hit me, my dream.

Oh it was so horrible, m-my mum said my dad… k-kissed another man! In my dream I cried for hours and Andrew put me to bed… Andrew. He said he was falling for me. I wish that part of the dream was real, I really did.