Barely A Mother - Chapter Twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-four

.:Jody:.

"Jody, talk to me please!" Begged Andrew as he followed me down the corridor at school. I ignored him again, like I had been doing for the past week and kept on walking but picking up the pace a bit.

At the corner of my eye I saw him jogging next to me but I couldn't look. This past week all he has been doing is texting me, phoning me and he was even daring enough to come to my house even though he knew my dad and David wouldn't like that at all.

At school he drew attention that I really didn't want at all. I've had pretty much everyone ask why I was ignoring him and how 'mean' I was that I was. It’s bad enough that people are starting to notice my slight largeness and whispering stuff like 'isn't she getting fatter!' and 'urgh she's put on weight', but now I have everyone calling me names because I'm ignoring him. Luckily for the girls as they have realised that he is single again so all they are doing to him is flirting with him, its funny to watch but also heart-breaking.

"Jody!" He cried and grabbed my arm lightly to stop me and turn me around. As I spun round, I brought my hand up and slapped him in the face. Everyone around us gasped and went silent as they listen to us and the echo of the slap.

"Don't you dare touch me Andrew!" I growled.

"Wow Jody you've gotten better," He joked as he rubbed his cheek, when he realised I wasn't laughing he carried on speaking, "Look Jody just please hear me out, I'm begging you!"

He paused as he waited for some sort of response from me, all I did was nod and he spoke once more.

"It was a mistake; I shouldn't have done what I did. Please forgive me."

I stood their shocked and hurt, "How could you say that... what about," I paused and looked round before whispering the next part, "The babies!" He looked stunned as I brought my emotions off of my face and walked off, leaving Andrew standing there.

"N-No that's not what I meant. Jody! The babies weren't a mistake!" He yelled. I stopped dead in my tracks; did he just say what I think he said? I turned slowly and stared at him. Once he realised what he just said you could his eyes widen in disbelief of what he said. I looked at the people around me, hoping they didn't hear what he just said. Unfortunately I knew immediately that they did by the looks on their faces.

Just like a volcano they erupted into chatter, some trying to ask me questions but I completely ignored that they were when I saw the most terrifying person there could be. Standing by her locker, Chloe was there with evil written across her face. She heard everything and soon the whole school will know in less than 10 minutes about me being pregnant... my nightmare was coming true!

I didn't know what to do. I had everyone shouting questions at me, I had Chloe grinning evilly at me, I had a splitting headache and more importantly my eye sight was going hazy. I could feel my head getting heavy and my body losing its balance. I heard Andrew’s voice yell out before everything went black and I fell to the ground.

.:David:.