Barely A Mother - Chapter Twenty-three

Chapter Twenty-three

.:Jody:.

"Jody, past the whipped cream over please." Grace asked. I reached to the bowl next to me and past it across the table to her.

Today I have been having a girls day out which is now being followed by a girls night in. Earlier today we went shopping together where we bought a bunch of clothes, Dawn and Grace bought some really gorgeous dresses and I bought loads of maternity clothes, we then came back to my house when we found lots of treats on the table ready for us with a note resting against the bowl of crisps.

It was from my mum: Have fun tonight girlies, you have the house to yourselves! Don't break anything and you know how to get hold of us if need be. Love you xx

Once we read the note we ran upstairs and got changed into our pyjamas and then returned downstairs so we could eat the yummy food left for us.

"Thanks hun." Grace said once she took the whipped cream out of my hands and started to cover her strawberries with it. I laughed and tucked into my strawberries and cream... yum!

As I was eating, I started to get this horrible taste in my mouth... the cream was disgusting! I jumped up and ran to the toilet, gagging as I ran. I got to the toilet and threw up into it.

I was soon joined by Dawn and Grace who were rubbing my back and keeping my hair out of my face as well as saying soothing words. When I was finished I stood up and flushed the toilet, then heading to the sink so I could brush my teeth.

"Ewwie Jody that was gross!" Dawn exclaimed jokingly. Grace laughed with her and once I finally felt my mouth was decent enough, I laughed with them.

"I know right! I guess my body and babies don't like the taste of cream anymore... well that sucks!" I said rubbing my stomach as we came out of the bathroom and went back into the kitchen. The girls walked in and started to clean up the plates and all the leftover food, putting it all in the fridge or cupboards.

I stared at them confused, "Why you doing that?"

"Seeing you throw up made me lose my appetite." Grace said pulling a disgusted face while she spoke.

Dawn nodded in agreement, "Same, we can always eat it later. Why don't you put on a film Jody?"

I nodded and left the room to choose a film to watch. As I searched through all the films I remembered the DVD we got today when we were shopping. I got up and took it out of the bag, for the next hour or so the girls and I will be watching Russell Howard's new comedy DVD. We all love him and even though he is thirty or so, we all think he is super-hot!

As the girls came into the room, they shrieked in excitement and sat down on one of the sofas. I put the DVD in and sat down with them.

Fifteen minutes into the DVD and we were already crying with laughter. Russell Howard and Michael McIntyre are my favourite comedians, they are so funny!