Barely A Mother - Epilogue

Book trailer I made myself, please tell me what you think!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

.:Andrew:.

I groaned to myself, "Cassie could you please stop fidgeting!”

She looked up at me with her big blue eyes and complained another time today, "But daddy my dress is itchy!" I sighed, she had been complaining ever since she got dressed into her flower girl dress.

"I know sweetie but Holly isn't complaining. Ok how about this, after the ceremony is over and we have pictures taken I'll take you to our room and you can change into a more comfy dress. Will that be ok?" I asked her and she responded with silence. She knew I wouldn't let her change just yet so she went into a strop. She looked so cute with an angry face that I nearly gave in to get her changed but I stood by what I said to her... anyway the ceremony will start soon. I left Cassie in her strop and turned and faced Nathan who was sitting the other side of me. He was just sat there playing with his two action figures I allowed him to bring in. As he was playing I noticed he was starting to get too loud as people were staring.

"Hey buddy, keep the noise down please!" He looked up at me, exactly like Cassie did when I told her off, with his deep chocolate brown eyes. He looked like he was about to burst into tears so I picked him up and sat him on my lap to hug him. As I was paying her brother more attention than I was to her, Cassie started to complain again but this time about wanting a hug. This complaint I could fix right now. I rearranged Nathan and then brought Cassie into our hug.

"I love you guys you know that!" I felt their heads nod, "I know you'd rather not be waiting around right now but Auntie Hannah will be here soon and we need to support her and Uncle David on their big day. It will all be worth it when we're boogieing on the dance floor! Do you think you can be good for daddy today? I would really love it if you were!" I asked them. They pushed themselves out of the hug and looked at each other, a few seconds later they nodded to each other and then looked back at me.

"Of course we will daddy!" I laughed, they always do that. I kissed them on their forehead and then put them back down on their seat and then I just watched them.

Cassie was the splitting image of Jody at that age, Jody’s parents said to me once and I believed them. She has the softest golden blonde hair with magnificent blue eyes, the colour of the sea. Nathan one the other hand had light brown hair with deep chocolate brown eyes. They weren't identical but you could tell from looking at them that they were brother and sister.

Looking at them now I wonder to myself why I ever hated them. It wasn't too long after Jody’s death when I started to hate them; I seemed to blame them for her death. Thankfully a few punches from David got my head sorted out and remembering that they were innocent in this and how they are a gift from Jody. She gave her life for these two. It made me realise that it was, in theory, Chloe's fault. Unfortunately I couldn't get a slightest bit of revenge that I wanted because she moved to another state with her family once she found out what happened.

When Jody died, it was the hardest time of my life. Thankfully I had my friends and Jody’s family to help me out. When the twins were born Jody’s parents looked after them when I went to school and then helped me when I wasn't at school. This helped so much because it meant I could finish high school, I didn't really care so much for college so I didn't go to any. As I didn't go to college with everyone else, I got a job at Jody’s parents work. I did night shifts so I could look after the twins throughout the day. It was a struggle sometimes but we made it work. I owe a lot to Julie and Nick, for helping me out so much and for letting me move in so they could help even further.