4

Abrielle;

8 hours later and here I am, sitting with the Shawn Mendes at IHOP in our pajamas.

Yes, THE Shawn Mendes.

He posted the picture from last night on his Instagram, and that's how I found out that he's famous.

Crazy.

"I have two short stacks with whipped cream?" the waitress asks, while holding a tray with two plates of steaming pancakes on top.

Shawn and I nod, eagerly, as she sets the plates down in front of us.

We thank her and I start cutting my pancakes into smaller, bite size, pieces and then I pour some maple syrup all over them. I take a bite and Shawn does the same, grinning at me. "Mmm, this is delicious." I sigh and Shawn chuckles as he takes another bite.

-

"I can't go back to this, to her, to what we used to have. It's black and burns. My god this is so, sad it'll only make things worse if we bring it back."

"That's amazing, Shawn." "Thanks." He blushes before starting to play 'Give me Love'.

I start to softly sing along with him and he looks up at me, smiling. "Louder." He continues to strum the guitar strings. I start to sing a little louder and he begins to harmonize with me. About halfway through the song, my phone starts vibrating.

It's a call from my host mom. I answer and Shawn stops playing his guitar.

"Hey, mom." "Hi honey, where are you? Ava just got here!" "At Shawn's. I'll be there in a few."

I hang up and Shawn looks at me with a questioned look on his face.

"It was my mom. I gotta go home and babysit our neighbors little girl." "Alright," he says as he stands up and grabs his car keys off of his dresser.

"Aaliyah, I'll be back in a few!" He yells at his sister, who was in her bedroom. His parents aren't home, and he's supposed to be 'babysitting' her until they return. She yells a faint, "okay", as we leave.

We pull up to my house a couple minutes later and Shawn puts his jeep in park. "Thanks for the ride and for breakfast," I say as I unbuckle my seat belt. "No problem! I'll see you on Monday." "See ya." I hug him and he plants a soft kiss on my cheek.

I smile as I get out of the car and quickly walk to my front door, so that he wouldn't notice that I was blushing.

I get inside of my house and my phone buzzes. I lean my back against the wall and glance at it. I notice that it's a text from Shawn.

From: Shawn
U know ur 10x cuter when you blush