7

Shawn;

To; Elle
Can we talk??

I let out a long sigh as I re-read the message. It had been a whole day since our little argument, and I really want to make things normal again between the two of us.

I have no idea why she's so upset, and why she keeps telling me to stop 'playing dumb'. I'm sure that she's overreacting over something stupid.

Buzz buzz.

I glance down at my phone and see a text message from her. I quickly read it, in hopes that she said yes.

From; Elle
I guess. Come over.

I lock my phone, slip it into my front pocket, and grab my keys as I leave my room in a rush.

Abrielle;

"You're mad because of Laur?!" He exclaims, standing up from my bed and running both of his hands through his chestnut brown hair.

"Shawn." I make him look me in the eyes, and when he does, I continue, "you took me out on a date, kissed my cheek, and when I asked you about it? You said 'Uhh it felt right. I don't know why I did it.' And then, you went out on a date with Laur. But no, I'm not mad. I'm perfect!"

"Laur and I? On a date?" He asks, chuckling. "Yesterday? Starbucks?" "That wasn't a date, Elle," he says, clearly annoyed with me. "Well it sure looked like it! What was it then?"

"Two friends going out to get some coffee! Am I not allowed to have other friends?!" "That's not what I'm saying, Shawn. It just that the two of you have been spending quite a bit of time together lately." "And? Snap out of it Elle! You and I aren't dating!" "Shawn it looks like you like her!" "You've got it all wrong! I've been getting advice from her about.. stuff." "Oh yeah? About what?"

"I-I can't tell you," He stutters and turns his attention to his feet.

Unbelievable.

"You don't get it, do you?" I ask, the feeling that you get before you're about to cry building up in the back of my throat. "What?" He quickly looks up at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"God," I sigh, looking him directly in the eye, "I liked you."

"Oh, I-I didn't know." I let out a small, careless, laugh as a tear slips down my cheek. "Can you please go?" "But Elle-" "Please, Shawn," I say as I wipe a tear from my face and slowly sit down on my bed.

He nods before putting his coat on and walking towards the door of my bedroom. He opens it, and quickly shuts it behind him. I sniffle as I hear his footsteps getting quieter and then the front door open and shut.

Maybe I should just forget about him...