12

Abrielle;

"What the hell, Shawn?!" I hear Cameron's booming voice coming from down the hallway. I continue to listen, a little closer, and hear a fist on skin impact. Shortly after, something or should I say someone slams into the lockers.

I gasp as I start to run down the hall and when I turn the corner, I see Shawn slumped against the lockers with a bloody nose and Cameron's figure towering over him.

"Cameron!" I yell. Cameron punches him in the eye and I yell his name again, only louder this time. Once I reach him, I grab his arm and try to pull him away from Shawn.

"Cameron!" I turn him to face me, and once he does, I slap him across the face. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He puts his hand up to his cheek and starts to yell. "Abrielle, he hurt you! I'm not sure how, but he hurt you. I'm supposed to be the one to protect you!"

"Maybe I don't need you to protect me! You've been so clingy lately and it's gotten to the point where I'm sick of it!" "Well maybe if you weren't so damn needy and you would choose between Shawn and I, none of this would have happened!" He yells.

"You disgust me," I say as I shove him and run over to Shawn. I kneel down next to him and put my hand on his soft cheek. "Shawn, are you okay?" I rub my thumb on his cheek and he nods before trying to get up. I put his arm around my shoulder and escort him to the nurses office.

We arrive, I check him in, and I hear a knock on the door and see Cameron appear. His eyes are red and puffy and it looks like he's been crying.

"Abrielle, can we talk?" "Sure," I mumble as I follow him out of the nurses office.

"Look, I didn't mean what I said back there. I-I just, I didn't like the way he talked to you. The things he said." "Cameron. I understand, but you didn't have to go and beat him up!" "Yes I did! I'm your boyfriend! I'm supposed to be here to protect you!" "Right. Because I can't protect myself? Is that what you're saying? And for now, forget about being my boyfriend. I'm done," I start to walk away and he grabs my arm.

"You're twisting my words! Look I just want to be forgiven," he says and I take a deep breath.

I sigh before turning in the opposite direction and walking into the nurses office. I go to Shawn, who's sitting on the blue bed that's in the back of the nurses office. He flinches as she wipes the blood off of his upper lip and lower nose with a wet wash rag. I stand next to him and hold my hand out. He takes it, and squeezes it when he's in pain.

"Alright, Shawn. You're good to go. Now go back to class." "Yes ma'am. Thank you," he says as he stands up and continues to hold my hand.

We walk out of the nurses office and head back to class. Just as we reach the top of the stairs, the principles voice booms through the halls as the intercom turns on.

"Shawn Mendes, Abrielle Ruiz, and Cameron Dallas please report to my office immediately." I sigh as the announcement ends and Shawn and I walk back downstairs.

-

"Would any of you care to explain?" No one speaks or makes a move. "Any one?" I can feel the principles eyes on me as I stare down at my feet. "Well," Cameron starts, "Shawn here was harassing my girl- I mean friend." "Shut the hell up Camer-" "Language, Shawn," the principle warns and Shawn rolls his eyes as Cameron smirks.

"Abrielle? Would you like to add anything?" "I have no idea what exactly they were fighting about, but I do know it involved me." "Boys? Is this true?" They nod and the principle sighs.

"You do know that I'm going to have to suspend all three of you for a week?" We nod and he dismisses us from his office.

We all leave at once and as soon as we get into the hallway and there are no administrators around, Shawn speaks. "Nice going, Dallas." "Yeah. Well I'm not the only-" I quickly interrupt them.

"Oh my god. You two are pathetic! Can you even go a few seconds without fighting?! God, I'm getting sick of the both of you," I say and they both stare at me, dumbfounded.

"And now all three of us are suspended. This is ridiculous." I start to walk towards the front doors to exit the building.

"Abrielle." I turn around and see Shawn with his mouth slightly open.

"Meet me at my house after school."