21

Abrielle;

"Hey, Cam can I talk to you?" I ask. He looks up from the counter and comes over to where I'm sitting.

"What's up, Elle?"

"Well, I have a small problem," I say shortly. He pulls one of the chairs out from under the table and sits down in front of me.

"What did you do this time?" He teases while chuckling. I fiddle with the pregnancy test under the table a little before putting it on the wooden surface and sliding it to him. His smile quickly fades as he stares down at it for a couple of seconds, then he looks back at me.

"Wait, are you serious?" He mutters, grabbing it off of the counter and tilting it, making sure what he's seeing is correct. I nod and look down, beginning to pick at my nails, so I don't smile and blow the prank.

"Yeah," I reply. There are a couple seconds of silence between us.

"You promise me, you aren't messing with me?"

"I promise Cam. This isn't something to joke about." I say, although that's exactly what I'm doing. Joking about it. I take one of my hands off the table to where he can't see it and cross my fingers.

He takes a deep breath in and holds it, staring down at the test. As if it were a movie, his face slowly changes shades of red then starts shifting into a light blue before he releases his breath.

"Please say something." I mumble, starting to feel a little guilty about the prank. I was definitely not expecting this type of reaction from him. "Cameron, please."

"Abrielle, I can't believe you. I can't believe this."

I cringe at the sound of my full name.

"Look, maybe it's a false positive, those happen." I stutter, realizing that that prank is starting to go a little too far.

"You disgusting slut," he yells, pushing his chair back from the table. I cringe again, tears beginning to well up my eyes. Now it's gone way too far.

He thinks I'm a slut?

I can't back down now, though. I have to finish this out and explain to him that it's just a prank.

"L-Let me go take another one, okay? M-Maybe it was wrong." I choke out, holding back tears. He runs his fingers through his brown hair and clenches his jaw, tight.

"Whatever. I'm not staying," he replies, grabbing his car keys off of the counter and heading out of the kitchen.

"Cameron, please stay. I need you through this. You're the only support I have, a-and I'm not even sure I have your support after you called me a-a slut." I'm barely able to say the word. His eyes soften a little as he looks back at me.

"Fine. I'll stay," he says quietly. I quickly turn and go back into the bathroom, letting the tears I've been holding back flow.

I can't believe he would ever say that to my face like that. I trusted him. Finally, I gather myself and take the extra test out of the small box.

A prank that was meant to be fun and games suddenly turned serious and now I needed to take another test to prove that I, in fact, am not pregnant.

After getting it set up, I leave the bathroom not wanting to sit and wait the three mandatory minutes in the hot, small room. Cam is sitting on the couch quietly before he looks up and makes eye contact with me.

"So?" He prods, looking for information.

"Now we wait." I sigh. He lightly pats the couch a couple of times and I go over and sit next to him, keeping to myself.

"Look, Elle, I'm sorry I said that. I wasn't thinking because you said you were pregnant," he mumbles. I bite my lower lip.

"It really hurt," I say. His eyes begin to glisten as tears brim them, but he swallows them down.

"I'm so sorry. I guess I'm just a little jealous of Shawn. Wait, it was Shawn, right?" He trips over his words, awkwardly. I'm struck by his statement, but I should've seen it coming. I've always known he was a little jealous.

"Yes of course it was Shawn," I reply. He glances down at his watch and I take the opportunity to get ready to break the news to him that it's all just a prank.

"How long did you say you had to wait?" He asks.

"Three minutes at least."

"Okay, well, you should go check it."

I push myself off the couch and quickly walk to the bathroom and pick the small stick up off of the counter expecting a negative.

But staring back at me is a blazing positive.

-

A/N : okay! I just want to thank my great friend preciousmendes ! she's absolutely amazing and she helped me tremendously with this chapter, as well as the rest of the book! thanks again girl! : )