5

Abrielle;

"Hey, Elle!" Shawn greets me with his, award winning, smile as soon as I open my front door. "Ready to go to school?" I nod, answering his question, and shut the door behind me as we start walking to his black Jeep.

We pull up to the school and Shawn puts his car in park. He turns the key and then goes to open the door, but I quickly stop him. "Can we talk?" I mean for it to come out in a nonchalant way, but it comes out rather abruptly.

He takes his hand off of the black door handle and looks over at me with furrowed eyebrows. "About?" "Last night," I say, referring to the kiss. I turn so that I can see his face better.

"Oh, uhh, it felt right I guess? I'm actually not sure why I did it..." he trails off.

You're so stupid Abrielle.
Did you seriously think it meant something?

"Oh." I grab my backpack and put it on as I unbuckle my seatbelt. We get out of the car and start walking to the front doors in an awkward silence.

"You go ahead and go to first period. I'll, uh, meet you there." I smile and he nods before heading towards the stairs.

I head to the girls bathroom and stand in front of the small mirror above one of the, many, sinks. I stare at my reflection and run my fingers through my long, brown, hair.

I thought that Shawn and I were starting to become a 'thing'.

I guess not.

I lightly sigh and start to go to first period.

I walk into the noisy classroom and see Shawn sitting in his assigned seat. Some girl with brown hair, (I think her name is Laur?), is sitting in my seat which is next to him, flirting.

And he's flirting back.

Yeah, we definitely don't have a 'thing'.

I walk over to the table behind them and sit down in the empty next to Cameron. Shawn's voice gets quieter and he turns to face the front while still talking to her.

"Hey Cam," I sigh. "Hey." He gives me a small smile. "How's it going?" "Alright, but I really don't want to be in this class." "Ha, same here." He chuckles and the bell rings, signaling that class is starting.

I get up and go to my assigned seat, earning a glare from the girl that was sitting next to Shawn. I smile at her and sit down.

-

I stand on my tippy toes and grab my lunchbox out of my locker, exchanging it for my backpack.

I hear Shawn's familiar laughter, and I turn around to see him walking past me with one of his friends. "Shawn!" He mumbles something to his friend and quickly walks over to me.

"Are we still hanging out after school today?" "I don't know. I-I gotta go. Bye, Elle." I sigh as I watch him leave and I slam my locker shut, in anger.

"You okay?" I jump a little, not expecting anyone to be right behind me. I turn to see Cameron and I shake my head, no. "Let's get out of here," he says while holding his hand out for me to grab. I gladly accept it, before we start heading towards the doors to exit.

-

We had been watching Insidious 2 at Cameron's house for about an hour and I was very jumpy. I had my head laying against Cameron's chest and a pillow close to my face, so that I could cover my eyes if I needed to. He pauses the movie and I look up at him, confused.

"You okay?" "Y-yeah," I stutter, trying to cover up my nervousness. "You sure?" I nod again and he chuckles as I stare into his brown eyes.

His eyes study my face and, before I know it, his plump lips are against mine and my heart is soaring.